"Fighting For The Sake Of Fighting"

Sid had left for an early shoot. He was going to be busy for few days now, because of his new reality show shoot and promotion of the travel documentary. Sana woke up and found him gone. She got up and got ready for office. She was having breakfast with Maa and Zoro when a message popped on the screen.
Sid: Teri Jaane ki date bata. Arun will have to book the tickets.
Sana: Siddharth..... Aise naraaz mat ho na mujhe accha nhi lagta.
    They was a blue ticket but no reply.
Sana: Agar Tu nhi chahta to mai nhi jaati.
Sid: Par tu jaana chahti hai. Hai na??
Sana: Haa....
Sid: Fir tu jaa... Just message the date to Arun. He will do the needful.
      And he went offline. Sana looked at Maa and she raised her eyebrows.
Sana: Maa yeh aapka beta itna difficult kyu hai??
Maa: Par fir bhi tu uss se pyar karti hai.
Sana: Bahot...
Maa: Aur vo??
Sana: Mujhse bhi zyada.
Maa: Hmmm. Life is not always bed of roses beta. Thode kaate bhi hai. Chubhenge. Usse chubhan ko tum kaise lete ho yeh tum par depend karta hai.
Sana: Sahi kaha. Par uske berukhi bahot zyada chubti hai.
Maa: Par marham bhi vahi hai na??
Sana: Hmmm. Kya karu Maa mai ab??
Maa: Thoda time de usko. Ho jaayega thek. Ab baas uske dimag me yahi hoga ke uske bete ke sath kisi aur ka naam juda hai. Jab tak on paper vo change nhi hoke aayega, vo aise he bechain rahega.
Sana: Sabar nhi hai thoda bhi usme.
Maa: Aa jaayega sabar. Thoda settle hone de sab kuch. Thek ho jaayega.
      She messaged him that she will go on Saturday and come back on Tuesday. She had an important meeting tomorrow, so she decided she will leave the next day after that.
Sid: So you want to go for four days?? Ok.
Sana: Siddharth, Tu bhi chal??
Sid: Nahi.... Mai nhi aaunga.
     Sid had come home late that night. Sana had fallen asleep. He changed quietly and came to bed. He sat looking at her for a long time. Sid wanted to wake her up and kiss her, hug her, make love to her. But he didn't. She is going. She leaving him behind. Going for four days. Four days?? How is he going to stay without seeing her for full four days?? Did she think about it. Doesn't she feel anything?? Wasn't she going to miss him?? She might not. That's why she is going. Sid's brain said that he is acting like a kid, but his heart thought otherwise.
    Sid lay on the bed and Sana felt it in her sleep. She could recognise his presence in her sleep too. This is how  she loves him. She went to him and lay her head on his chest and he pulled her closer.
Sana: Bahot late ho gaya.... Call kiya tha maine. Tune uthaaya nhi??
Sid: Shoot me kuch issues the. Dekha nhi maine.
Sana: Kuch khana hai?? Juice leke aau tere liye??
Sid: Nahi. I had dinner.
Sana: Siddharth??
Sid: Teri tabiyat thek hai??
Sana: Ha thek hu mai...
Sid: Tickets mail kiye hai Arun ne tujhe.
Sana: Ha dekhe maine.
Sid: Parso early morning flight hai, kal he sab tayari kar lena.
Sana: Siddharth tu Zoro se baat karega?? Vo pareshaan ho jaayega, tujhe chod kar mere sath akele aane me...
Sid: Ha kal morning me karta hu.
Sana: Siddharth.... Tu mujhse thek se baat kar na....
Sid: Thak gaya hu Jaana. Please sote hai. I have a very hectic day tomorrow.
Sana: Please baby...
Sid: Goodnight Jaana...
     Sana felt hurt. This is not done. Why is it that she is the only one who has to coax him?? Why should she try hard to mend things between them when they have a fight?? Is she doing anything wrong?? She will not go to him now. She is upset too. Sana removed herself from his arms turned from him and slept with her back to him. She heard Sid breathe heavily, and felt him move too. He too must have turned and slept with his back to her.
     Sid woke up the next morning. Sana was not in the room. He showered and went down. He had a meeting at 12:00 and promotion shoot after that. Sana was sitting next to Zoro, while he was watching cartoon on the TV. They both were giggling. Sid felt his heart warmth at it. He loves that sound so much. He came near the sofa, where they were sitting and cleared his throat. Zoro looked up and ran to him. Sid took him in his arms.
Zoro: Good morning papa.
Sid: Good morning meri jaan. Breakfast kiya aapne??
Zoro: Jee papa.
Sid: Hmmm.
    He made Zoro sit on the sofa again and sat besides him.
Sid: Zoro, baby papa ko aapse kuch baat karni hai.
    Zoro looked at his dad, questioning.
Sid: Beta aap aur mama kal Beas jaane wale ho.
Zoro: Beas?? Mamu ke paas??
Sid: Ha beta... Vaha mama aapko kisise milane le jaayegi.
Zoro: Kis se??
Sid: Vo ek... Dadima hai.... Unse..
Zoro: Dadima?? ... Par aap bhi chal rahe ho na papa??
Sid: Nahi beta... Papa nhi aa rahe hai.... Papa ko kaam hai...
Sana: Aur papa ka ego bahot bada hai....
    Sana said slowly so that only Sid could hear. He looked at Sana sharply, but did not say anything.
Zoro: Nahi papa... Mai aapke bagair nhi jaaunga. Mujhe nhi jaana hai.
Sid: Zoro.... Beta.... Just this once... Please maan jaao. Fir uske baad papa aapko kabhi force nhi karenge. Please iss baar chale jaao.
Zoro: Thek hai. Par mama, I don't want to stay there long.
Sana: Hum Tuesday wapas aa rahe hai Zoro.
Zoro: Ok..
    He got up from the sofa and hugged Sid.
Zoro: But I'm going to miss you.
Sid: I will miss you too, mera baccha. Ab aap cartoon dekho. Papa breakfast karte hai. Ok??
Zoro: Ok.
     Sid got up from the sofa and walked towards the dinning hall.
Sid: Suresh... Kya mujhe aaj breakfast milega.
     Sana too got up from the sofa and walked to the kitchen. This man is so stubborn. She thought. He did not ask breakfast from her. Maa and Suresh were in the kitchen.
Suresh: Yeh bhaiya ko kya hua hai?? Itna chilla kyu rahe hai??
Sana: Lagta hai bahot bhuk lagi hai.
    Maa slapped on Sana's arm.
Maa: Chup kar. Sun lega to aur gussa hoga.
Sana: Maa yeh kab bada hoga??
Maa: Sana....
    They heard footsteps and went quiet.
Sid: Maa breakfast mil sakta hai please??
Maa: Ha ha... Tu chal abhi laa rahe hai.
    Sana took aloo parathas in a plate and kept it in front of Sid. She was about to leave when he said.
Sid: Sana agar mera ego hota na to Mai tujhe kabhi jaane nhi deta aur mere bacche ko to kabhi bhi nhi bhejta. Tab tu kya karti??
Sana: To Mai uss adhikaar ka istemaal karti jo tune mujhe diya hai??
Sid: Adhikaar?? Kaisa adhikaar??
Sana: Tujhe yaad hai tune kaha tha ke Zoro ka mujhpe tujhse zyada haq hoga?? Vo haq mera hai.
    Sana saw Sid's expression change. She then realised what she said in anger to him. She didn't mean it that way. All the color had faded from Sid's face. He looked away. But before that she saw pain in his eyes. Oh God he was hurt.
Sana: Siddharth...
Sid: Sahi kaha tune. Vo tera haq hai. I'm sorry.
Sana: Mera vo matlab nahi tha.
Sid: It's fine. It's just fine. Tu jaane ki tayari kar. Morning jaldi nikalna hai.
    Saying that he got up and left to the room. She was getting late for work. She so wanted to go and sort this out, but was getting late for that damn meeting. And so she had to leave.
     Sid got ready. He felt too hurt. How can she use that promise against him. He left for the meeting. He couldn't concentrate. His mobile buzzed and a message popped on the screen. It was Sana.
Sana: Siddharth mera vo matlab nhi tha. Aur tu jaanta hai.
    He read and did not respond. He didn't know what to say. He knew his Jaana. She will never do or mean anything which may hurt him. But she had said it.
      Sana had come out of her meeting and was checking her mobile in her office. She had expected some reply from Sid, but there was none. Vishal knocked on her door. She looked up and smiled.
Sana: Hi Vishal.
Vishal: Hi Sana.
Sana: Bolo??
Vishal: Sana hame shooting sight pe jaana padega.
Sana: Shooting sight?? Mr Kapoor hai na vaha??
Vishal: Haa kuch shots jo tum logo ne Ponmudi me shoot kiye the, usme issue bata raha hai, aur vo promo me daalna hai. So you have to come with me.
Sana: Mmmm. Ok.
    She got up and they left the office in Vishal's car. Sana's heart was beating faster. Oh God a new storm is awaiting her way. She thought. Sid is not going to like her coming with Vishal in his car. She shuddered.
Vishal: Kya hua?? Any problem??
Sana: Nahi.... Kuch nhi.
    They entered the studio and Sana spotted him sitting on a chair, discussing something with Arun. Arun saw her first and he told Sid. Sid looked behind, surprise in his eyes. He then saw Vishal behind her and his expression changed. His eyes grew hard. He looked backed at Arun and said something to him.
     Sid was furious to see his wife with that idiot Vishal. He wanted to get up, go and punch his smile away.
Sid: Why are Sana and Vishal here??
Arun: Boss vo kuch shot issues hai, isliye Sana yaha aayi hai.
Sid: Aur yeh Vishal. Kya Sana ka security guard hai??
    Arun hid his smile.
Sid: Arun mere hath me bahot sansani machi hai. I want to punch someone. It better not be you.
    He warned Arun.
Arun: Ok, ok calm down boss. They are coming this way.
Sid: F.. K man....
    Sid heard Vishal's voice.
Vishal: Hi. Siddharth....
     Sid looked up and gave a fake smile.
Sid: Hi.
Vishal: How are you??
Sid: Fine.... Kya baat hai?? Sare Eros wale aaj yahi par hai?? Office ne holiday declare kiya hai kya??
Vishal: What?? No...
Sid: Nahi mujhe laga. Tum aaye, tumhare sath tumhari Sana madam aayi... Oh hi Sana.
Sana: Hi Siddharth...
Vishal: Excuse me. Mujhe zara vo director se milna hai...
Sid: You are excused.
    Vishal turned and left.
Sana: Siddharth.... Yeh sab kya hai?? Kis tarah baat kar raha hai tu Vishal se??
Sid: Oh... I'm sorry. Tujhe bura laga?? I'm sorry... I will try to behave from next time.
Sana: Stop it Siddharth??
Sid: Tere Vishal ki tarah polished nhi hu mai. Mai to ek seedha saada aadmi hu. Jo jee me aata hai bolta hu aur karta hu. Par kabhi kabhi mera bola hua he mujh par bhari pad jaata hai.
Sana: Mera Vishal?? Really Siddharth?? Mujhe lagta hai hame thode time ke liye ek dusre se baat nhi karni chahiye. Shayad yahi thek hai hum dono ke liye.
Sid: Jo hukum mere akka.
    Sid saw hurt in Sana's eyes before she turned and left.
         Sid and Sana along with Zoro and Sunita had reached the airport. They were waiting in the parking lot. They had driven all the way in silence. Sid didn't want them to go. He was going to miss them both terribly. But he is not going to say. He got down and opened the door for his son.
Sid: Come Zoro.
     He scooped Zoro in his arms. The Potter came to remove their bags. He looked at his son and smiled.
Sid: Chale, I'm coming to leave you till inside. Ok??
Zoro: Ok papa.
    They walked inside. Sid hugged his son and kissed his cheeks.
Sid: Papa is going to miss you so much. Come back soon.
Zoro: I will miss you too. I love you papa.
Sid: I love you too meri jaan.
    Sid looked at Sana. She was watching them both with sad eyes. Sid walked to her and pulled her to him. He kissed her forehead.
Sid: Bye..
    Tears started to form at the back of her eyes.
Sana: Bye... Chale Zoro??
Zoro: Yess mama...
    Sana took Zoro's hand and they both with Sunita walked in to the checkin counter. They turned behind and Zoro waved at Sid. Sid watched until they disappeared inside. He turned and walked to the car, feeling empty and lifeless.
     Sana reached her parents home by 11:30. Beeji and Dada ji were too happy to see them both. They freshen up and Sana called Sid. He didn't pick the call, so she messaged him.
Sana: Hum ghar pahuch gaye.
     He must be busy she thought. Sana left the mobile in her room and went down stairs to spend time with her parents. She was to go and meet maaji in the evening, during the visiting hours. They were all laughing and talking when Shehbaaz's mobile started ringing.
Shehbaaz: Siddharth bhai??
    He picked the call.
Sheebaaz: Hello bhai... Kaise ho.... Sab badiya... Ha ha hai na?? Deta hu..... Sana tujhse baat karni hai.
     Sana took the mobile and got up to go and talk outside.
Sana: Hello??
Sid: Kab se call laga raha hu. Mobile kaha hai tera??
Sana: Siddharth... Vo room me....
Sid: Ya mujhse baat nhi karni hai??
Sana: Siddharth agar mujhe tujhse baat nhi karni hoti to mai call nhi karti. Mobile room me charge ho raha hai, aur mai mummy papa ke paas baithi hu. Tu ne call nhi uthya to maine samajh kar liya, maine Arun ko to call nhi kiya na?? Tujhse shehbaaz ko call karne ki kya zarurat the?? Maine message choda tha na??
Sid: Oh sorry. Mujhe call karke disturb nhi karna chahiye tha. I'm sorry... I'm sorry.... Par please mujhe yeh bata ke rakh ke agar mujhe mere bacche se baat karni ho to kiske mobile pe karu, aur kab karu....
Sana: Siddharth...
Sid: Ek kaam kar, mujhe time table message kar dena. Mai uss hisaab se call karunga.
Sana: Siddharth... Yaar....
Sid: Tune sahi kaha tha Jaana, hame sach me thode din ek dusre se baat nhi karni chahiye.
     Sana got down from the car, and climbed in the elevator with Zoro and Shehbaaz. They found Bittu bhaiya, Rohan's cousin in the corridor. Sana first went and spoke to the doctor about Maaji's condition. He then took them to Maaji's room. Maaji was sleeping. They was a lady sitting on the stool near by. She was Maaji's sister and Bittu bhaiya's mom.
Sana: Namaste Aunty...
Aunty: Jiti raho beta... Kaisi ho??
    She then looked at Zoro.
Aunty: Yeh hamare Rohan ka hai na??
     Sana felt her heart is being squeezed by someone. No she wanted to say. Zoro is her Siddharth's son. A man who loves his child and family to no end. He is an honorable man and not some druggy or pimp. She felt her body shiver, but she control herself and gave a fake smile. Hearing the noises, maaji opened her eyes. She saw Sana and Zoro and gave a weak smile.
Maaji: Tu aa gayi beta?? Mujhe pata tha tu zarur aayegi. Mera Zoro kaha hai??
Sana: Yahi hai maaji... Zoro dadima ko namaste karo...
Zoro: Namaste dadima.
Maaji: Idhar aau mere paas beta??
     Zoro looked at his mom and Sana nodded her head in affirmation. Zoro moved near the bed and stood quietly. Maaji took Zoro's hand in her hand.  Her syringed hand shook as she kept it on her heart.
Maaji: Mera Zoro, mera Zoro... Kaise ho beta tum?? Acchi ho na??
     Zoro nodded his head. He was feeling a bit uneasy. Shehbaaz cleared his throat and looked at Bittu.
Bittu: Maaji abhi milne ka time khatm ho raha hai. Vaise bhi baccho ka aane ki manai hai. Vo to doctor se hamne request ki to vo bole ke sirf mila ke le aao. Shehbaaz tum Zoro ko lekar bahar jaao.
    Shehbaaz took Zoro by his shoulder.
Maaji: Thek hai beta jaao. Bhagwaan tumhe hamesha khush rakhe.
Zoro: Thank you dadima...
Sana: Zoro beta aap mamu ke sath jaao. Mama aati hai.
     Zoro left with shehbaaz. Sana went and sat on the stool near Maaji.
Sana: Ab kaisa lag raha hai??
Maaji: Theek he hu. Mai ghar jaana chahti hu Sana. Mera jo ho, vo mere ghar me ho. Mujhe iss hospital me nhi marna.
Sana: Aise kyu keh rahe ho maaji.
Maaji: Tu Bittu se keh ke mujhe ghar le jaaye.
Sana: Ha maaji, abhi doctor se baat hue hai meri. Kuch tests abhi baaki hai. Uske baad vo dawai dekar aapko bhej denge.
Maaji: Thek hai...
     Sana spoke to maaji for a while and came out of the room.
Sana: Bittu bhaiya, aap doctor se baat kar lo. Vo ghar jaana chahti hai.
Bittu: Thank you aane ke liye Sana.
Sana: Bhaiya aapko agar koi bhi madat ki zarurat hai to mujhe kaho. Mai yaha ruk nhi sakti, par shehbaaz hai. Aap usse call karna vo aa jaayega.
Bittu: Thank you behen.
Sana: Thek hai mai chalti hu. Namaste.
Bittu: Sana, Rohan ne jo tumhare sath kiya vo galat kiya....
Sana: Bhaiya...
Bittu: Mujhe baad me sab pata chala. Par tumse kabhi kehne ka mauka he nhi aaya.
Sana: Jaane do bhaiya... Khatm ho gayi hai vo baat.
Bittu: Tumhare husband kaise hai?? Bahot bada jigar lagta hai aise apne wife aur bacche ko bhejne me. Mai hota to kabhi na bhejta.
    And then Sana realised what Sid has done was not ordinary. She just wanted to take the next flight and return back to her husband. But her parents will be upset. They were looking forward to spending time with her and Zoro.
Sana: Namaste bhaiya.
Bittu: Jiti raho.
    He kept his hand on her head and Sana greeted him goodbye.
     Sana had then called Mahi. She had told her about their fights.
Mahi: Tujhe pata hai Sana, tum dono baccho ki tarah lad rahe ho. Tum dono ke ladaai ko na koi sar hai aur na koi pair. Vo kehte hai na "Fighting for the sake of fighting".
Sana: Pata hai di. Par ab mai usse bahot miss kar rahi hu. Kya karu??
Mahi: Are to call kar le...
Sana: Di ussi ka call aa raha hai....
Mahi: Ha ha chal baat kar usse.
    She picked Sid's call.
Sid: Zoro kaisa hai?? Dar to nhi gaya tha hospital me??
Sana: Nahi. Nahi dara. So raha hai.
Sid: Itne jaldi??
Sana: Ha morning se bol rahi the so jaa, par soya hi nhi. Abhi itni neend the, ke thek se dinner bhi nhi kiya.
Sid: Hmmmm. Thek hai. Kal time mile to meri baat kara dena uss se.
Sana: Bass Zoro ke baare me puchega na?? Mere tujhe koi fikar nhi na??
     Sid did not speak for a while.
Sid: Kya kahu mai?? Tu he lad rahi hai mujhse.
Sana: Sirf mai lad rahi hu?? Tu nhi lad raha?? Tujhe sirf apne bacche se matlab hai. Mujhse nhi...
Sid: Accha... Aise sochti hai tu??
Sana: Sahi sochti hu mai.
     Sana started crying.
Sid: Jaana... Tu ro kyu rahi hai??
Sana: Chup kar tu... Tune Zoro ke naam change karne ke baare me soocha. Par mera naam change karne ka nhi soocha na?? Kyu?? Kya mai teri nhi hu?? Gazette me mera bhi to naam change karna tha na??
     There was no reply
Sana: Nahi hai na jawaab. To jab tere paas jawaab ho na to mujhe call karna...
     There again. Mahi was right. They are fighting just for the sake of fighting. Oh God... Are they both  crazy??