Zovi Is On It's Way.

Sana was crying. She thought I did not think her as mine. How can she think that?? Of course she is mine. Only mine. Sid told his brain. He has not thought about it because her name was not associated with her ex husband. And so he was not jealous about it. Jealous?? But I'm not jealous of anyone. No?? Asked his brain. Well ok... He was. A little. Agreed his heart. But why did Sana not take her husband's name after she was married?? Do you want to know?? Then ask her. Suggested his brain again. No I don't want to know. Said his heart stubbornly. But she cried because of you. And you had promised yourself you will try your best as to not make her cry.
     He tried calling her. But she didn't pick up the call. What should he do?? Should he call shehbaaz or her mom?? No. No this is not right. Then an idea struck him. He had an important shoot the next day. He will fly to her the day after that and apologize to her. He knew she and Zoro will be happy to see him. This made him happy too and he messaged Arun to book a ticket for him.
     Sana woke up the next morning feeling nauseous. She got up and rushed to the bathroom to throw up. What is happening to me?? She thought. Should she see a doctor?? Why is her stomach so queasy?? She needed some lime juice. So she went to the kitchen. Siddharth had tried calling her last night, but she was not in mood to talk to him. He had then given up after two, three attempts. Was he tired so soon. No message, no call after that. If this is how it's going to be. Be it. She too will not call him. She decided. Mummy was feeding Zoro.
Zoro: Good morning mama.
     Sana went to Zoro and kissed his head.
Sana: Good morning meri jaan. Are waah aaj nani ki hath se breakfast kar rahe ho....
Zoro: Yes mama. Nani aapko bhi aise he khilati the na??
Sana: Yes beta.
     And she smiled lovingly at her mom.
Mummy: Tere liye breakfast lagvau??
Sana: Nahi mummy abhi nhi. Mujhe thoda lime juice pina hai. Sunita laa rahi hai.
Mummy: Lime juice. Tu thek hai??
Sana: Pata nhi. Thoda peth me ajeeb ho raha hai.
Mummy: Doctor ke paas jaana hai??
Sana: Aree nhi. Juice pine ke baad thek lag jaayega.
     Sana and mummy started gossiping about some aunties and beeji too joined in. Shehbaaz took Zoro to watch TV in the living room. Sana told mummy she doesn't want breakfast now and will go and lay in the room as she is not feeling good. She came to the room and lay down on the bed looking at the ceiling. No call, no message from Sid yet. Why is this man so stubborn and why does she love him so much. Because he is adorable. Said her heart. And then something struck her. She had not got her periods for more than two months. She had not thought about it because, her periods were never regular. But this is something else. The nauseous feeling every morning, the uneasiness, the queasiness in her stomach. Is she pregnant?? Two months... She is definitely pregnant.
     Sana got up and was about to rush out of the room when her head started spinning. There was darkness in front of her eyes and she sat back on the bed. She closed her eyes tight and opened it, but the darkness was still there. She called out for her mummy loudly and then everything went blank.
     It was three thirty. Sid's shoot went well. Now only one small shot and he was free for the day. He will go and pack his things and will take an early flight the next morning. He was imagining how Sana and Zoro will react when they see him, and his mobile buzzed. It was Sana's home landline number. Sid felt strange. He picked the call and heard his son's tiny voice.
Zoro: Papa??
Sid: Zoro?? Meri jaan?? Kya hua?? Aap aise?? Kuch hua hai kya??
Zoro: Papa, mummy aakh nhi khol rahi the... Unko kya hua hai??
     Sid felt his heart would pop out of his chest. His hands started trembling. All sort of images swam in front of his eyes. What has happened to his Sana?? Is she not well?? Has she met with an accident?? No no no don't think anything. Concentrate, concentrate.
Sid: Zoro... Kya bol rahe ho beta?? Mama... Mama kaha hai??
Zoro: Vo nani aur mamu hospital le gaye hai... Mama ko kya hua hai papa??
     Sid could hear Sunita take the phone from Zoro.
Sid: Sunita... Yeh Zoro kya bol raha hai...
Sunita: Bhaiya Zoro ne call lagaya.. Mujhe pata bhi nhi tha... Mai kitchen...
Sid: Sunita yeh sab Chodo...Tum mujhe yeh batao Sana ko kya hua hai?? Aur mujhe kisne kuch bataya kyu nhi??
Sunita: Bhaiya... Didi ko ekdum se chakkar aakar vo gir gayi. Shehbaaz bhaiya aur Mummy unhe hospital le gaye hai.
Sid: Ghar me aur kon hai?? Kisi ne mujhe call kyu nhi kiya??
Sunita: Beeji hai. Par vo bhi bahot pareshaan hai.
      Zoro snatched the phone from Sunita.
Zoro: Papa mujhe darr lag raha hai. Mama ko kuch hoga to nhi??
Sid: Beta... I'm coming baby. I'm coming. Kuch nhi hoga mama ko. You are a brave boy. Hold tight. Ok?? Hold tight.
Zoro: Ok papa.
     Sid didn't knew what to do. Arun came hearing his worried voice.
Arun: Boss kya hai?? Any problem??
Sid: Arun vo Sana...
Arun: Kya hua hai Sana ko??
Sid: I don't know. Arun mujhe jaldi se Uske pass pahucha de yaar.
Arun: Don't worry. Mai kuch karta hu.
     Sid tried Sana's number. It rang and rang, but she didn't pick it up. He then called Shehbaaz's number, but it was unavailable. He called Maa and told her. Maa too got worried. Sid told her to remain calm and informed her that he is leaving for Beas.
     Sana has come home from the hospital. The doctor has confirmed that she is two and half months pregnant. Her bp was a little high and she will have to keep a check on that. She was given a bottle of glucose as she was feeling weak. They entered the house and mummy took her to her room. Zoro's mind was at rest as he saw her mama back and Shehbaaz took Zoro out to lift his mood.
Sana: Mummy Siddharth ka call aaye to usse kuch mat batana. Usse mai bataungi. Shehbaaz aur papa se bhi keh do.
Mummy: Thek hai beta, Tu aaraam kar. Koi kuch nhi batayega.
     Mummy came down and her mobile started ringing. It was Sid.
Sid: Mummy aap logo ka call nhi lag raha hai. Sana kaha hai?? Kya hua tha?? Kaisi hai vo??
Mummy: Siddharth.... Beta shant ho jaao. Sana bilkul thek hai......Thoda bp high hua tha uska, isliye chakkar aa gaya tha. Ab thek hai...
Sid: Mummy mai aa raha hu. Abhi flight le raha hu.
Mummy: Thek hai beta. Abhi vo so rahi hai...
Sid: Koi baat nhi. Usse aaraam karne do. Mai aakar milta hu.
     Mummy disconnected the call and it started ringing again. It was Maa. Sana's mummy told Maa about Sana's pregnancy and also told her Sana wishes to give the good news to Sid herself. Maa was too happy.
     Sana must have slept for more than three hours. She woke up with the rumbling in her stomach. She had not eaten anything since morning and so she was hungry. She sat up in bed and checked her mobile. They were missed calls from Sid and Maa. She will call them after she eats something. She decided and so climbed down to the kitchen. Mummy was busy preparing Halwa.
Sana: Kya baat hai, aaj Halwa ban raha hai.
Mummy: Kyu nhi. Itni acchi khabar mili hai to kyu nhi??
Sana: Mummy bhuk lagi hai.
Mummy: Ha ha beta. Bata kya khayegi??
Sana: Aloo tikki khane ka mann ho raha hai
Mummy: Thek hai. Banati hu. Tu chal bait dinning table par. Abhi banake laati hu.
Sana: Mummy Zoro kaha hai??
Mummy: Vo dadaji ke kamre me hai. Kahani sun raha hai.
Sana: Usne thek se khaya??
Mummy: Ha beta. Bijee ne khila diya tha usko.
     Sana was eating her aloo tikki when the door bell rang. Mummy got up with a smile. Sana felt strange. Why is mummy so excited. Is it because she is pregnant. No this is something else.
     Sana was sitting with her back to the door.
Mummy: Sana dekh to kon aaya hai??
     Sana turned in her chair and she thought she was dreaming. She definitely is dreaming. This cannot be true. Sid cannot be here standing in her mom's house. She tried to stand up but stumbled.
Sid: Jaana...
Mummy: Dheere beta.
     She was now standing facing him. He looked tired. Worried lines around his eyes, made Sana shiver.
Sana: Siddharth tu.....
     They then heard Zoro squeak.
Zoro: Papa aap aa gaye...
     He ran to his dad and Sid lifted him in his arms. He kissed Zoro on his cheeks and then looked at Sana.
Sid: Ha meri jaan mai aa gaya.
     Sana felt her legs will give away any moment and so she sat down on the chair, her eyes never leaving his.
Sid: Ab kaisi hai tu??
     Sana then looked at her mom.
Sana: Mummy??
Mummy: Siddharth ko Zoro ne call kiya beta. Siddharth ka call aaya ke vo aa rahe hai, tu so rahi the isliye nhi bataya. Aur ab jab tu uthi to Shehbaaz ne soocha ke usse achanak dekh kar tu khush hogi, isliye nhi bola.
     Sid was looking at his love all the time. She was looking so pale. What is happening to her?? What did the doctor say?? He wanted to take her in his arms. His hands itched to pull her to him.
Mummy: Are Siddharth beta, aao baitho... Dekho tumko baithne ko bhi nhi kaha...
     At that moment, Shehbaaz, bijee and dadaji joined them. They all shifted to the living room. Sana's dad too came with almost all the sweets from the town. It was a special occasion for him. His daughter was going to have a baby and his son in law was coming to his place for the first time.
    All were speaking, laughing except Sid and Sana. Both wanted to be alone. They had so much to talk. Why are these people so happy. Him coming was not that big, to celebrate. Sana is not well. Can't they see that. Sid thought. Shehbaaz felt Sid's restlessness.
Shehbaaz: Sana, Siddharth bhai ko fresh hona hoga. Unko apne kamre me le jaa??
     Sid at that moment wanted to hug Shehbaaz, but he resisted the urge.
Papa: Ha ha Sana beta. Le jaau Siddharth ko kamre me. Jaao beta jaao.
     Sid walked behind Sana inside the room. He closed the door, locked it and turned around. Sana was standing a few feets away from him, looking at him with a mysterious smile. She is smiling?? He is scared to death and she is smiling?? He is angry with her, but first thing, first. He needs to hug her. He really needs that. And so Sid closes the distance between them and takes her in his arms.
Sid: Jaana.... Jaana, kya hua tujhe?? Tera bp kyu bad gaya.... I was so scared damn it... Tune mujhe call kyu nhi ki.... Tujhe pata nhi jaana mai kaisi aur kiss halat me yaha pahucha hu. I love you meri jaan, I love you.
Sana: Siddharth....
     Sana tried to pull herself from him.
Sid: Nahi baby. Please, aise he reh... Abhi nhi chod raha mai tujhe... Kahi mat jaa...
Sana: Siddharth.... Mai kahi nhi jaa rahi. Mujhe thoda weakness lag raha hai. Chal vaha bed pe let te hai.
     Sid pulled back and looked at her worriedly.
Sid: Ha ha... Sorry, sorry. Chal tu late jaa.
     He took her by her shoulder and made her sit on the bed.
Sid: Chal let baby. Tu aaraam kar. Baad me baat karte hai.
     Sid laid Sana on the bed. She took his hand in hers and pulled it.
Sana: Aa jaa tu bhi mere paas.
Sid: Jaana...
     She then opened her arms for him. Tears had started to form at the back of Sid's eyes. He shook his head.
Sana: Siddharth....
Sid: Nahi aa raha mai.
Sana: Please... Please...
     Sid then went and lay on the bed next to her. She took him in her arms. He hid his face in her neck and tears started streaming from his eyes.
Sid: I was so scared baby.... I was so scared.
     Sana collected him closer and stroke his back to calm him down. They lay there for few minutes. Sid then looked up at her and stroke her cheeks.
Sid: Kya hua hai tujhe baby. Isse pehle bhi tujhe aisa hua hai na?? Chal mumbai chalte hai. Vaha doctor ko dikhate hai.
Sana: Mai nhi aa rahi tere sath..
Sid: Kya?? Kya kaha tune?? Aise kuch mat bol Jaana. Nahi to heart attack se yahi mar jaaunga....
     Sana smacked him on his arm.
Sana: Shubh shubh bol Siddharth.... Aise kuch bhi nhi bolte...
Sid: To tu nhi hogi mere sath to Mai jee ke kya karunga??
Sana: Aur tune mera naam Gazette me change karne nhi dala uska kya??
Sid: De ke aaya hu meri maa, vo bhi papers banvane de ke aaya hu. Teri signature vo sab baaki hai....
Sana: Tu sach me de ke aaya??
Sid: Haa fir.... Nahi to tu mujhe taane maar maar ke jaan nikal deti meri....
Sana: Par teri jaan to Mai hu na??
Sid: Hmmm vo to hai... Nahi reh sakta Jaana tere bin mai ab.
Sana: Ha isliye ladaai karke bheja na mujhe??
Sid: Ladaai maine ki??
Sana: Nahi maine ki.
Sid: Haa tune he ki. Sahi bola tune.
Sana smacked him again.
Sid: Maar kya rahi hai be?? Tere mummy ke ghar aake sher ban rahi hai bahot??
Sana: Ha apne ghar to sher hota he hai na banda??
Sid: O hello?? Yeh tera ghar nhi hai... Yeh tere papa ka ghar hai. Vo tera ghar hai.
Sana: Accha, accha theek hai, theek hai. Par Siddharth, mujhe tujhse kuch kehna hai....
Sid: Ha bol??
Sana: Thank you..
Sid: Thank you?? Ab yeh kyu??
Sana: Mujhe kal kisine kaha ke tune jo mujhe yaha aane diya, aisa koi nhi kar sakta. Tu sach me mujhse bahot pyar karta hai, isliye teri marzi nhi hote hue, meri khushi ke liye tu jhuk gaya..
Sid: Isme jhukna kaisa jaana?? Tu aur mai ek he to hai. Aur agar aisi baat hai to tere khushi ki liye mai aise hazaaro baar jhuk sakta hu.
Sana: I love you Siddharth Shukla...
Sid: And I love you Shehnaaz Siddharth Shukla...
Sana: Accha Siddharth mujhe tujhe ek baat batani hai.
Sid: Ruk seedhe se late.
He lay on his back and took her in his arms. She rested her head on his chest. She could hear his heartbeats and she very well knows it is going to increase as soon as she gives him the news.
Sid: Ha ab bol... Kya bol rahi the tu...
Sana: Siddharth.... Tu firse papa banne wala hai??
     Sid knew what he has heard. Has she said it by mistake?? Or is she joking... But why will she... He took her face in his hand and looked her in the eye.
Sid: Ek minute... Kya?? kya kaha tune??
Sana: I'm pregnant Siddharth...
     Sid jumped up in sitting position, almost throwing Sana off him..
Sana: Siddharth.... Gir jaati mai. Pagal kya....
Sid: Are you serious?? Tu mazak.... Oh that's why that uneasiness, that ..... Jaana how.....Kaise....
     Sid was so excited words were not able to come out of his mouth. He was trembling.
Sana: Siddharth... Baby.... Relax... Saas le... Lambi saas le...
Sid: Oh God.... Thank you, thank you.
He pulled her to him and hugged her tight.
Sid: I'm so happy, so happy....
Sana: I know meri jaan. I know.
     Sid pulled back and looked at her with confused expression.
Sid: Par teri mummy ne....
Sana: Sabko maine mana kiya tha. Kyuki yeh khabar, mai, tujhe dena chahti....
Sid: Jaana, I don't know what to say. Kaise react karu, kyu karu... I love you, I love you, I love you so much..
Sana: And I love you mere baccho ke papa. Aur tu ab thoda seedhe bait. Apni baho me le mujhe.
Sid: Ok meri jaan.
    He again sat resting his back on the headboard and lifting her on his lap.
Sid: Baccho ke papa... Zoro ko pata hai??
Sana: Nahi... Usse tu batayega.
     Sid kissed her forehead.
Sana: Tujhe pata hai Siddharth, mai two and half months pregnant hu.
      Sid looked with confusion.
Sid: Par hamari shadi....
Sana: Shayad yeh baby Sandakphu me conceive hua hai. Jab humne vaha pehli baar kiya tha, tab.
Sid: Sala Mai jab bhi tere sath without protection karta hu, Tu pregnant ho jaati hai.
     Sana giggled.
Sid: Accha hai hum cheh saal dur the..... Nahi to pata nhi kitne bacche hote hamare.
Sana: Aise mat bol Siddharth... Vo cheh saal hum kaise ek dusre ke bagair jiye pata nhi....
     Sid hugged her closer remembering those torturous days. But life was beautiful as was his wife.
Sid : Jaana.... Zovi is on it's way.
     And Sana giggled again and he took her lips with his, giving her a passionate and hungry kiss.