Sid meets Zoro.

Jay rang the door bell. Sid stood behind him and saw Mahi opened the door. She looked at Jay and smiled. Then looked behind at Sid. It took her a moment to register and then she recognised him. A surprise and happiness both flashed on her face. She then composed herself and gave an angry expression.
Mahi: Jay yeh kisse le aaya tu. Aise bade logo ko hamare ghar me nhi laana chahiye tha tujhe. Hum chote log hai. Inse dosti rakhne ke haisiyat nhi hai hamari.
     Sid came forward and tried to take her in his arms.
Sid: Bakwas mat kar Mahi.
     She pushed him towards the door.
Mahi: Nikal Tu idhar se. Jay se baat karni hai kar. Mujhe nhi baat karni tujhse.
She started crying. Sid again took her in his arms and she went willing, sobbing in his arms. She then started hitting him on his arms.
Mahi: Tujhe sharam nhi aati. Humse aise dur ho gaya. Bagair kuch kahe. Bagair kuch bataye....
Sid: I'm sorry sweetheart. I'm extremely sorry.
Mahi: Lekin Sid....
Jay: Mahi Sid ko andar to le. Darwaze me he saari baate karegi??
Mahi took hold of Sid's hand and brought him to the hall. She made him sit on the sofa and sat on the floor in front of him taking his hand in hers
Mahi: Kaisa hai tu??
Sid: Thek hu.
Mahi: Itna thaka hua kyu lag raha hai??
Sid: Aise kuch nhi.... Tara kaha hai?? Mujhe usse dekhna hai.
Mahi: Ha abhi lati....
The door bell rang.
Jay: Mai dekhta hu.
Jay went to open the door. Sid made Mahi sit on the sofa. These were her friends. Who had loved him unconditionally. He has left them all. Just because of one person. He had not valued their love. Was his hate for someone so immense, that he left these wonderful people behind?? He heard Jay from the passage.
Jay: Kab se wait kar rahe hai tera. Itna time kyu laga?? Hi mera baccha how are you??
     A soft melodious voice responded. Sid know this voice so well. This voice has once soothed his mind and soul. This is what he feared. This was the reason, she was the reason he had distanced himself from these wonderful friends of his. His hands started shivering. He should not have been here. He should never have come. He lifted his head. And saw Sana walking behind Jay. She was looking down.
Sana: Vo bhai traff.....
     She looked up and stopped mid sentence. She was wearing a yellow frock and was looking like a fresh flower. He was staring at her, his heart beating faster. How can she still affect him so much. She too was shocked to see him and took a step behind. And then a head peeped from behind her. A four or five year boy. Oh God this was Sana's son.  Sana's son.       
     Sid looked at the boy and realised he looked so much like her. He felt pain in his heart. As if someone has stabbed him in his chest. Does he have nothing of his father?? The thought of Sana and her husband bearing a child brought a bitter taste in Sid's mouth. The boy was looking with curiosity in his eyes. His eyes. They seemed familiar. Where has he seen it?? Sid just wanted to get up and run away from there, but at the same time he just wanted to stay watching  the boy. Why this attraction towards the boy, whose parents he hate?? He felt some kind of peace watching this boy. Why?? Why did he feel in this manner looking at that man's son, who has his Sana. His Sana?? She was not his. And he doesn't want her. Not at all. His brain scolded his mind.
Jay: Are Sid tune pehchana nhi?? Yeh Shehnaaz hai. Hamaare shaadi me tum dono mile the na?? Aur yeh uska beta hai.
     Both did not respond. Zoro came and stood in front of Sana. Sid has now eyes only on Zoro. Sana pulled Zoro to her, as if protecting him.
Mahi: Zoro idhar aao baby?? Uncle se milo.
     Zoro looked up at his mom, as she was holding his shoulder tight with her hands. She realised she will have to let him go and loosened her grip. Zoro walked towards Sid and Mahi. Sana's heart was hammering in her chest. He went and stood in front of Sid, looking at him curiously.
Mahi: Baccha hello bolo uncle ko.
Zoro: Hello uncle.
      Zoro brought his hand forward. Sid looked at his hand for a long time not knowing what to do.
Mahi: Are kyu hua tujhe Sid. Kaha kho gaya??
    He then looked at the child. He was beautiful like his mother. Sid brought his hand forward to the child's tiny ones. Sana saw that Sid's hand was shivering. He tried to hold the child's hand firmly.
Zoro: I'm Zorawar Rohan Singh.
      Sid looked at Sana. She could see so much pain in his eyes. Only they both knew why. He then looked at Zoro again.
Sid: Hi.... My name.....is Siddharth Ashok Shukla.
     Sid face was so tensed that it felt it would break if he tries harder to smile more. He removed his hand from Zoro's. As if, if not it may burn him.
Sid: Chal Mahi mai chalta hu. Fir kabhi aaunga.
Mahi: Kya?? Nahi nahi bilkul nhi. Tu kahi nahi jaa raha. Mai tujhe kahi nhi jaane de rahi hu. Abhi to tu Tara se bhi nhi mila. Chup karke bait. Lunch karke jaa.
Sid: Mahi.... Yaar....
Mahi: Mai kuch nhi sunne waali. Tu bilkul nhi jaa sakta.
Sana: Zoro aao idhar. Hum andar chalte hai?? Dekhte hai Khushi aur Rajbir kya kar rahe hai. Aao Sunita.
      Sana's voice shook as she said that. Zoro ran to his mom and she hastened herself and his son inside.
Mahi: Rukh mai Tara ko le kar aati hu.
     Jay joined Sid on the sofa. Sid's eyes were on the door, through which Sana has passed and disappeared.
Jay: Tu Shehnaaz ko aise kyu dekh raha hai?? Kya baat hai Sid??
    Sid came back to his senses and looked at Jay's questioning face.
Sid: Vo.... Actually mujhe usse dekh kar kisi ke yaad aa gayi.
Jay: Vo bhi bichari darr gayi. Isliye bhag gayi ander.
    Sid chuckled
Sid: Darna bhi chahiye....
Jay: Kya matlab??
Sid: Are aise he....
    Mahi came with Tara in her arms. Sid stood up and smiled looking at the beautiful baby.
Sid: Mahi she is so beautiful yaar
    He took Tara's hand in his and kissed it. The baby giggled.
Sid: Thank God tere pe gayi hai. Iss langur par nhi gayi.
Jay: Abe chal chal. Mai bahot handsome hu.
Mahi: Handsome??
Jay: Nahi hu??
Sid: Mahi shaayad yeh aaina nhi dekta.
    Mahi and Sid laughed.
Jay: Mujhe pata tha tu aayega na to yeh party badal legi.
Sid: Kyu na badle. Behen hai meri.
   Sid pulled Mahi closer and gave her a hug, kissing her hair.
Mahi: Missed you yaar.... Mujhe nhi pata tu aise acchanak gayab kyu hua. Par please ab aise wapas mat kar.
Sid: I promise, ab nhi karunga. Tara dekh, kaise dekh rahi hai mujhe.
Mahi: Abhi tujhe pehchanti nhi hai na. Isliye. Tu aata jaata reh. Pehchaan ho jaayegi. Chal mai lunch ka dekhti hu.
    Mahi left with Tara inside.
Jay: Aajaa hum terrace pe chalte hai. Aaj baccho ka terrace pe lunch karne ka plan hai.
    Sid followed Jay to the terrace. Zoro was playing with two other kids.
Sid: Yeh bacche kon hai??
Jay: Yeh Rajbir aur khushi hai. Mere he bacche hai.
Sid: Matlab??
Jay: Phir kabhi bataunga. Aa na bait.
    They both sat on the sofa kept in one corner. They talked about the years they had not met. Sid noticed that Zoro was looking at Sid intently when Sid was not looking. But when Sid looked at him, he looked away. His nose, jaws, forehead everything was like Sana. But not his eyes. His eyes were definitely not like his mom's. Why was he getting pulled by this boy. Why was this attraction towards him so strong. Because he is Sana's son. His brain reasoned. After a few minutes Sana came with Tara in her arms. She had not seen Jay and Sid sitting there. She was tickling Tara and both Tara and Sana were giggling. Sid's heart skipped a beat. She looked so beautiful when she laughed like this. He would go crazy when she would laugh with him like this six years back. He so missed this laughter.
Sana: Meri baby.... Meri gudiya.... Bahot shaitan ho gaye ho aap na.... Zoro, Khushi, Tara ko bhi lo apne sath khelne ke le lo.
    She made Tara sit in her chair and turned around. Her smiled died when she saw them both sitting on the sofa. Jay was explaining something to Sid, but his penetrating eyes were only on Sana. Their eyes locked and then she looked away. Sana knew he was not going to let her live in peace henceforth. She had tried talking to Vishal about leaving the project but he had plainly refused. Vishal had then told her about Sid's demand on her being on all the eight places.
Sana: Vishal how is it possible?? Mera ek paach saal ka baccha hai. Mai aise kaise ghum sakti hu.
Vishal: Sana committee nhi maanegi. Unko kisi haal me Siddharth Shukla chahiye. Aur is baar mai bhi tumhari help nhi kar sakta. Mujhe bhi yeh weird laga. Sach kahu to mujhe yeh banda he weird lagta hai. Kuch ajeeb hai vo. Par you will have to give in to his demands sweetheart. We have no options.
     Sana has been so tensed since that day. She was scared and dreaded it. She knew he had done this to torture her. She could sense he is back and wants revenge.

Click on the ⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.