"A Pleading Message"

Mahi had asked everyone to wait for lunch. Adi has refused. He had to go. Sana was in the kitchen, helping Mahi. She was very much affected by the way Sid had cried. He was so much in pain. He genuinely regretted not being the part of his son's life. He will be the best father. Sana was confident about it. She heard Mahi ask.
Mahi: Tu thek hai??
Sana: Hmmm..... Di mujhe bhi thodi zyada koshish karni chahiye the. Mujhe aapko aur bhai ko mere aur Siddharth ke baare me aur apne pregnancy se jude sach ke baare me batana chahiye tha. Aap log shayad uss waqt Siddharth tak yeh baat pahucha dete. Aur itne saal tak Siddharth aur Zoro ek dusre se aanjaan na rehte. Yaha mujhse bhi galti hue hai.
Mahi: Sahi kaha tune. Isliye bol rahi hu, ab iss sabko aur mushkil mat bana. Agar vo shadi ke liye keh raha hai to haa bol de.
Sana: Di mujhe please thoda time chahiye.
Mahi: Thek hai. Par zyada late mat karna.
Sana: Hmmm.
     Sid came on the terrace. Zoro saw him and came running towards him. He hugged Sid's legs and Sid picked him in his arms. Zoro held his dad's face with his tiny hands. Such a loving child he has. Sid thought and felt proud of him.
Zoro: Papa....
Sid: Ha meri jaan... Papa.
He went and sat on the sofa taking Zoro in his arms.
Sid: Baito papa ke sath. Accha yeh batao aapko kya kya pasand hai??
Zoro: Mujhe??
Sid: Hmmm??
Zoro: Mujhe cartoon dekhna, video games khelna...
Sid: Accha... Aur...
Zoro: Swimming karna bhi accha lagta hai..
Sid: Accha?? Aati hai aapko swimming??
Zoro: Thodi thodi..
Sid: Ab se hum sath me swimming karne jayenge.
Zoro: Sach me??
There was so much excitement on the child's face, that it brought tears to Sid's eyes.
Sid: Ha beta. Papa sikhayenge aapko swimming. Accha aapko ko khaane me kya accha lagta hai??
Zoro: Pasta... Mujhe aur mama, hum dono ko pasta accha lagta hai?? Aapko kya accha lagta hai??
Sid: Mujhe?? Mujhe to sirf Zoro accha lagta hai.
Zoro giggled and it reminded Sid of Zoro's mom.
Zoro: Aur na papa... Mujhe Batman bahot pasand hai. Maine uske sab movies dekhe hai. Mere pass four t-shirts hai Batman ke.
Sid: Accha?? Itna pasand hai aapko vo??
Zoro nodded.
Sid: Fir to papa aapko aur Batman ke t-shirts laakar denge.
Zoro hugged his dad tightly and Sid too held him closer.
Zoro: Thank you papa.
Sid: Thank you kyu meri jaan?? Aaj se jo aapko chahiye vo aap papa se kahoge. Thek hai??
Zoro: Ok..
The lunch was served. Sid made Zoro sit next to him. Sana prepared a plate for Zoro and brought it to him keeping it on the table. In the process her hand accidentally brushed Sid's shoulder and both held their breath for a second. Sana took a step back. She let her breath out heavily as her heart skipped a beat. Her voice shook and only Sid could recognize that.
Sana: Zoro sab finish karna hai plate se. Vegetables bhi.
Zoro: Jee mama.
     Sana then went and sat next to Mahi, opposite Sid and Zoro. Sid made Zoro finish his food as he eat his. Not once had he looked towards her. All his attention was only for his son. They all ate between small talks.
It was three in the afternoon.  All were in the hall now. Sid was sitting with Zoro on his lap, showing Zoro something from his mobile.
Sana: Di mai chalti hu ab.
Mahi: Rukti thoda der??
Sana: Nahi di. Mujhe thoda office ka kaam hai. Chale Zoro??
Zoro: Mama kya hum papa ke sath chale??
Sana: Par Zoro, mama apni car laye hai na?? Ek kaam karo, agar aapke papa ko problem na ho, to aap apne papa ke sath aa jaao
Sid: Zoro mai chod dunga beta aapko.
Sana: Thek hai.
Sana went inside and came with her purse. Zoro came running to her.
Zoro: Mama aap mujhse naraz ho??
Sana: Nahi meri jaan. Mai kyu naraz honge?? Aise kyu laga aapko.
Zoro: Kyuki Maine papa ke sath aane ko....
Sana: Baby mama ne kal aapse kaha tha na ke aap jab chaho apne papa se mil sakte hai aur unke sath kahi bhi jaa sakte ho??
Zoro nodded.
Sana: Mai Sunita didi ko le jaa rahi hu, aur aap papa ke sath aana.
She said her goodbye to everyone and left.
The door bell rang after an hour, Sana reached home. She opened to find Sid and Zoro on the door step. Zoro came in saying bye to his dad. He ran inside. Sid still stood there as if wanting to say something.
Sana: Ander aa.
He nodded and entered inside. He looked her way merely for some seconds and then turned away looking at the photos. Sana stood silent
Sid: Mai Zoro ko kal apne ghar le jaana chahta hu. Mere behene usse milna chahti hai. Kal shaam me wapas lakar chod dunga.
Sana: Thek hai.
He then looked at her.
Sid: Chalta hu mai. Morning aa jaaunga lene usse.
He went to the door when her voice stopped him. He did not turn around.
Sana: Siddharth Zoro ko kahi bahar...... Vo media ke......
He turned around and looked directly at her.
Sid: Baap hu uska. Uski hifazat karna jaanta hu. Utna credit to milna chahiye shayad mujhe.
Sana: Jaanti hu. Par mai bhi Maa hu. Uski fikar mujhe bhi hai na??
He was about to turn and go when she said.
Sana: Siddharth kya saari galti meri hai??
Sid: Nahi... Meri bhi hai. Shayad tujhse zyada...
He walked forward and looked at those photo again.
Sid: Par agar tu thodi zyada koshish karti, to inn photos me mai bhi hota.
He turned towards her, looked at her with coldness in his eyes, turned and left.
Sana went to her room and lay on the bed. They were to leave for Damro, a village in Arunachal Pradesh for their shoot the coming Monday. How were they to cope this trip, God only knows. She thought. The door opened and Zoro entered her room and climbed on the bed sleeping next to her. She hugged him to her.
Sana: Kya hua baby??
Zoro: Kuch nhi....
Sana: Baby?? Batao mama ko kya hua??
Sana lifted Zoro's face and looked at him.
Zoro: Mama mujhe aapke sath ghar aana chahiye tha.
Sana: Aise kyu bol rahe ho baby?? Koi baat hue hai kya??
Zoro: Nahi mama. Fir aap akele aa gayi na.... Mujhe accha nhi laga.
Sana: Are aisi koi baat nhi hai jaan meri. Aur mai akeli kaha the. Sunita di the na mere sath??
Zoro again hugged his mom tight.
Zoro: Par mai nhi tha na??
Sana: Baby.... Dekho abhi to aap ho na?? Aur aap to mere sath he rehte ho, par aapko aapke papa to abhi mili hai. Hai na?? To agar aap unke sath aur vo aapke sath thoda zyada time spend karna chahte hai, to aap ko mere fikar karne ki zarurat nhi hai. Laut ke to aap apne mama ke paas he aaoge na??
Zoro nodded.
Sana: Kal morning aapke papa aapko lene aayenge. To aap unke sath jaana. Aapko vaha aapki dadima milege, aapko aapke bua milege aur aapke cousins bhi hai.
Zoro: Sacchi??
Zoro was too excited and it showed on his face.
Sana: Hmmm.
Zoro: Mama aap bhi chalo na mere sath....
Sana: Baby mama ko office hai na?? Vaise to aap good boy ho...par kisiko pareshaan mat karna. Apna khana thek se khana....
Zoro: Aur vegetables puri finish karna. Hai na??
Sana: Badmash....
Sana tickled Zoro's stomach and they both giggled.
Sid was sitting on the terrace looking at the setting sun. He was too happy. His son was such a loving boy. He felt so proud looking at him. And all the credit goes to his mother. His heart reminded and Sid agreed. She has bought him up so well. He removed his mobile and looked at the selfie he had clicked with Zoro when they were sitting on Mahi's terrace. What a fool he was how can he not see and recognize those eyes. But was there sadness in them when he was taking Zoro to his home today.?? Why?? What has he done wrong?? He wanted to know. Should he call and ask?? Whom?? Zoro?? Or Sana?? His heart started beating faster when he dialled her number. She picked up at the second ring. Her voice felt as if she was breathing fast. Was she nervous as he was too. How did they become so distant in the span of just two days.
Sana: Hello??
Sid: Haaa....
Sana: Hello Siddharth...
Sid: Zoro kaisa hai??
Sana: Thek hai. Actually so raha hai??
Sid: Abhi??
Sana: Kal raat thek se so nhi paya tha...
Sid: Kyu?? Thek nhi tha kya??
Sana: Kal raat maine usse tere baare me bataya. Excitement me so nhi paya.
Sid: Accha....
There was yet another long pause.
Sana: Hello....
Sid: Hmmm??
Sana: Kuch hua hai kya??
Sid: Aaj jab mai Zoro ko tere ghar chodne aa raha tha, tab, vo mujhe kuch pareshaan laga. Kuch hua hai kya?? Kuch galat kiya hai kya maine??
Sana: Nahi aisi koi baat nhi hai. Actually vo mere vajah se pareshan tha. Usse laga ki usne uski mama ko akela chod diya. Guilty feel kar raha tha.
Sid: Itna sa baccha.... Bahot samajhdaar hai vo...
Sana: Hmmm. Par maine usse samjha diya hai. Ab theek hai. Sukun se so raha hai.
Sid: Kal aata hu lene mai. Das baje thek hai??
Sana: Haa. Mai ready rakhti hu usse. Mai shayad office chali gayi hogi. Par Sunita hai.
Sid: Ok.
Sana: Bye.
Sid: Bye..... Sana....
Sana: Hmmm??
Sid: Tune mujhse shadi se mana kyu kiya??
Sana: Siddharth....
Sid: Kya mai itna bura hu?? Kya tu mujhe apne layak nhi samajti..
Sana: Mai....
Sid: Nahi rehne de.... I don't want to know.
Sana: Siddharth.....
Sid disconnected the call before she could say anything. He did not want to hear, if her answer is positive. She was right. What all must she have gone through to bring the boy in this world and raise him so well, whom he so proudly claim to be his. What is his contribution in it?? Only that he has planted that seed in hers?? She has called. She has messaged. She had requested for his presence, his company, but ass that he was, he had only thought about his pain, his hurt. He removed the old mobile from the drawer and then heard the message. He heard her pleading and crying voice, through the speaker.
" Siddharth, Mai Sana......Please Siddharth ek baar mujhse baat karle. Ek baar meri baat sunle....Mai tujhe sab kuch bata dungi. Mujhse galti hue hai. Mujhe maaf karde.....Please please ek baar call kar mujhe. Kuch bahot zaruri batana hai tujhe. Tu mera call nhi utha raha isliye message kar rahi hu.....Bahot pyar karti hu mai tujhse baby. Bahot pyar...... Please ek chance de de mujhe. Please. Wait karungi tere call ka. I love you Siddharth. I love you very much" She had said all this crying in pain.
Sid curled in his bed and cried. How could he had been so insensitive?? Such a monster?? Why had he not seen rather heard her pain. He felt so ashamed of himself now. How was he going to do it right?? How was he going to bring those beautiful moments which they would have enjoyed with their son back?? How??
     Sana sat on the sofa. Should she really marry Siddharth. Her child is being pulled from both sides. He wants to be with his dad, but he also doesn't want to let his mama be alone. My poor kid. Should he feel guilty for spending and enjoying his time with his dad?? She picked up the mobile and called Shehbaaz. Sana filled in about the past two days to him.
Shehbaaz: Chal jo bhi hua thek hai. Tujhe batana to tha he na??
Sana: Hmmm. Par ab mai kya karu?? Tujhe pata hai ki Mai usse bahot pyar karti hu. Aur usne bhi mujhe yeh ehsaas dilaya tha ke, vo bhi mere liye bahot kuch feel karta hai.....kuch samaj nhi aa raha hai. Shehbaaz aaj Zoro ko uss kashmakash me dekh kar mujhe accha nhi laga. Kya karu bhai??
Shehbaaz: Dekh Sana. Siddharth tujhe bahot pyar karta hai, iss baat ko tu jhutla nhi sakti. Aur tu bhi usse utna he pyar karti hai, yeh to hai he. Aur usse apne galti ka ehsaas bhi hai. Fir yeh tere na kehna, mujhe samaj nhi aaya.
Sana: Kyuki uss waqt mujhe laga vo sirf mujhse Zoro ke wajah se shaadi karna chah raha hai.
Shehbaaz: Fir tu bhi usse Zoro ke wajah se shaadi kar le.
Sana: Hmmm. Yeh Sunday hum Damro jaa rahe hai. Aakar decide karti hu.
Shehbaaz: Mujhe yeh yakin hai tu usse he shadi karegi aur uske sath bahot khus rahegi.
Sana chuckled.
Sana: Ghar par sab kaise hai.
Shehbaaz: Sab theek hai. Bas tu apna khayal rakh. Aur shadi ka fix karke hame call kar.
Sana: Pagal hai tu??
Shehbaaz: Accha?? Are bhavishya vani kar raha hu.
Sana: Accha, accha chal rakh. Mujhe kaam hai.
Shehbaaz: Bye.
Sana: Bye.
It was three thirty in the afternoon the next day. Sana was in her office. All the preparation for the travel was done. She told her assistant to inform Arun about their seclude. Zoro was at his dad's place. Sid had messaged her when he had picked Zoro from her home. Sana was about to go and get some coffee, when Sana's mobile started buzzing. It was Maa. Is Zoro alright. Her heart started beating faster and she picked up the call with shivering hands.
Sana: Hello??
Maa: Hello beta?? Kaisi hai??
Sana: Mai thek hu Maa.
Sana felt relived when she heard Maa's relaxed voice.
Sana: Aap kaise ho?? Zoro zyada tang to nhi kar raha hai??
Maa: Zoro?? Aur tang?? Uske baap se to samajhdaar vo hai..
Sana: Ha vo to hai..
They both laughed.
Maa: Agar usne sun liya na to alag tamasha karega.
Sana: Karne do. Chalo koi to mila mujhe, jiske saamne mai uski burai kar sakti hu.
Maa: Haa mai bhi abhi yahi sooch rahi the.
Sana: Maa aas paas thoda nazar ghuma lo. Kahi sach me sun liya to aap ki khair nhi.
Maa: Are nhi. Dusre kamre me hai vo. Isliye to itna khul kar bol rahi hu.
They both laughed again.
Maa: Accha sun, Tu raat ko dinner ke liye yahi aaja.
Sana: Aree nhi Maa. Actually mujhe office se nikal kar aaj apni car lena jaana hai. Servicing ke liye de hai.
Maa: Kal le lena. Ab bahane mat bana. Chal aa jaa. Siddharth tum dono ko dinner ke baad chod dega.
Sana: Maa...
Maa: Please aaja.
Sana: Aree aise please mat bolo. Aati hu.
Maa: Wait kar rahi hu. Bye.
Sana: Bye.
The door bell rang. Sid looked up from his mobile. His mom and sisters were in the kitchen. Zoro was sitting down on the carpet with his cousin, painting something. He was on cloud nine, with all the attention he was getting in his dad's house. The bell rang the second time. Sid got up realising nobody is opening the door. He went and opened it. His heart started hammering in his chest at the sight in front of him. He would give his everything so see such a sight everyday at his doorstep. There stood the most beautiful woman in the world, wearing a peacock green salwar suit with a dupatta and a dangling earrings, looking bewitching. She really had all the right curves at the right places. He has gone hard. He wanted to pick her up in his arms, take her to his bedroom and do want he has dreamt of doing to her last night. He had got up hard as a rock and had to go and take a cold shower in the middle of the night.
Sana stood there feeling awkward under his scrutinizing gaze. She wanted to say something but she looked in his eyes and got lost. They both came back to reality when they heard Maa's voice.
Maa: Aree Sana vaha darwaze me kyu khadi hai?? Andar aa?? Siddharth usse andar to bulata?? Bahar khada rakha hai kabse bichari ko.
Sid brushed his hands in his hair and looked away. He took a step back and Sana entered inside.