Majuli Island.

They were to stay at Kaziranga Golf Resort. It had a very well maintained golf course, surrounded by lush tea gardens. An old and large bungalow lying amongst these tea gardens giving out all sort of old world vibes. It took them twenty mins to reach the resort and check in. His and Sana's rooms were on the same floor. Sid felt happy about it and his brain gave him a stare. They had boarded the flight at 1:55 am from Mumbai and reached Kolkata airport at 4:45 am. Their flight for Jorhat was at 10:10 am. So they had checked in at Ethnotel near the airport. Sana had not slept, but had sat and gazed out of the window looking at the beautiful city. Sid had not once looked at her and she too has avoided looking his way. But how was it possible. When they have to work together, they bound to have interaction with each other. He had said she lacks professionalism. She will give in her everything to prove him wrong.
They had boarded the flight from Kolkata and reached Jorhat at 11:45 am. The car awaited them and took them to the resort by 12: 15 pm. Sid had told Arun in Mumbai when he was shown the schedule that he wants to reach the location and start the shoot immediately. He had said he did not see it necessary to waste too much of time. They were to leave for Majuli immediately after lunch. All the preparation were done for the shoot at the location.
Sana was waiting for them in the lobby. She knew if she is late, there will be a sarcastic comment from their host. Sid and Arun walked to the lobby. He was wearing a navy blue shirt with a denim jacket and blue jeans. Looking all hot and handsome. He was still not looking her way and Sana felt a bit disappointed. She walked ahead of them to the cars.
Sana: Arun jee. Aap log chalo mai dusre car me aati hu.
Sid met her eyes now.
Sid: Why??
Sana: Sir yaha.....
Sid: Teno issi car me chalenge.
Saying that he went to the other side of the car and climbed in, leaving no option for Sana to climb in the back seat next to him. He was looking out of the window like earlier. This is why she had asked for another car. Why does it hurts so much?? He has said so many things to her since he had returned but this is hurting her more. She sat quietly with her hands folded.
Within ten minutes they were in the ferry. Sid had got out of the car and was standing looking at the water. They had started sailing now. Arun asked his boss to come and sit in the cabin but he had denied. He stood breathing in the pure air and was happy with the wind playing on his face. As if someone is roaming fingers in his hair and stroking his cheek. As if Sana is playing with his hair as she used to. A current ran through his body and he opened his eyes, looked behind to scan the ferry for Sana. She was not to be seen. Where was she??He walked to the cabin and saw Arun engrossed in his mobile.
Sid: Arun??
Arun stood up.
Arun: Aaiye boss. Aap baithe. Kuch chahiye aapko.
Sid: Nahi nahi tum baito. Vo.... Shehnaaz kaha hai??
Arun: Sir vo upar vaha deck pe hai.
Sid: Ok.... Mai hu yahi bahar. Tum baito aaraam se.
Arun: Yes boss.
Sid climbed on the deck to find Sana standing, leaning to the railing. Her below knee length floral frock dancing in the air. Her hair kissing her cheeks. She heard his footsteps and looked his way. He walked towards her. He does not want to give any explanation why he is here, he told his brain angrily. He is free to do whatever he wants. His heart gave a delighted smile.
Sid came and stood next to her. She so wanted him here with her. But now when he stood close to her she felt her heart will come in her mouth. He was looking so dashing. Their designer has choosen the best costume for him. She must have stared a bit longer then necessary at him.
Sid: Kaisa lag raha hu mai??
This brought a smile on Sana's face.
Sana: Maal.
This was their personal joke.
Sid: Itne bade company me pahuch gayi. Itne bade post pe hai. Par sudri nhi tu.
Sana: Tu hai na sudra hua?? Vohi kafi hai. Aur aisa kya bola maine.
Sid: Mujh jaise thorough gentleman ko maal bulate tujhe sharam nhi aati??
Sana: Ha to ekdum kadak maal lag he raha hai. Seeti bhi baja leti par.....
Sid: Nahi please nhi. Arun bhag kar upar aa jaayega. Aur pani ke beech me usse heart attack aa gaya to thodi se problem ho jaayegi.
They both laughed aloud. She looked so mesmerizing when she laughs. The wind blew and Sana's hair came to stroke her cheeks. He brought his hand forward and took a lock of hair in his hand. Their eyes locked. Her smile disappeared. Her eyes pleading. What were they pleading for?? To stop?? Or to kiss?? Sid was not sure.
Sid: You are still so beautiful. Just the way you were six years ago.
The mention of their past broke the momentum. They both looked away. Sid took a step back and gave a sad smile. He turned away and stood facing the water. Sana too stood holding the railing. Why does she have to play with fire?? She is in lot of danger as it is. Why is she inviting more trouble?? She could now feel Sid's eyes on her. She tighten her grip on the railing controlling herself to not look his way.
Sid saw her grip and understood what she was trying to do. He removed a cigarette and lit it with a lighter still looking at her. She sensed it and looked at him.
Sana: Tujhe nhi lagta tu kuch zyada he cigarette pita hai??
Sid: Hmmm
Sana: Kyu??
He stared at her still smoking. Sana felt uneasy and she looked away.
Sid: Aise sawaal na puch jo tujhe nhi puchne chahiye.
Sana: Mat kar yeh Siddharth...
He chuckled and looked ahead and saw the island emerging.
Sid: Here comes our destination. Chal.
Sana: Hmmm
They both walked to the steep stairs which will lead them down. There were three or four of them. Sid climbed down and brought his hand forward so that Sana could take it. She looked at it for a moment and then at him. She gave her hand in his and he held it tightly. Sana climbed two steps down and the boat gave a jerk, bringing Sana right into Sid's arms. She had caught Sid's shoulder for support and Sid's hand had automatically encircled her waist. They looked into each other's eyes. Their body on fire as it touched the other. Their faces inches away. Sound of some bird screeching loudly above brought them back to reality and they parted.
Sid: Thek ho??
Sana nodded not able to form any words. They walked down. They had reached the island. It was breathtaking beautiful as Sana has stated. Sid was to talk about the two Satras of the island giving information of what this place is about and why it should be visited once before and if it extinguishes. Officials of the naam ghar came to welcome them. The bhagvatis, pathak and pujaris invited them for some refreshment. But Sid denied. The cameras were set and they had to finish the shoot of introducing the Satras today. The shooting started within no time.
Sid explained there are two sides to Satras. One is the Grisathi Satras which are liberal allowing people to marry and promote art and the other is Udasin Satras, which is more of a conservative celibate monastic order.
He went to these two sights and gave the insight, explaining that these Satras are not just place of worship anymore. Over the time they have developed into a hub to promote music and art. A quick visit gave them bucket loads of insight into Assamese culture and history.
Sid was so expert in his work that he took very few takes and they could wrap the shoot for the day. He had studied the place so thoroughly that it did not feel he had come here for the first time. His expertise in putting forward any information was so impactful that the director was too much impressed. He had not given any attitude or tantrums. Sana could see that he was very dedicated and gentle to the people around him.
Sana was watching him standing in the distance. Sid was talking to the cameraman. He looked her way as if sensing her gaze on him. She gave him a smile and his heart gave a flip. He smiled back. Sana looked away feeling happy. She could die for that smile she thought. Stop it, you idiot she told herself. You are asking for trouble and you are going to repent this. But she was liking that peace between them. What was wrong in that?? She asked her brain. Does she have any option than being cordial to him?? Her brain had no answer.
They all had retired to their room when they had sailed back to Jorhat, very tired. Sid and Sana had not spoken much to each other, their way back to the hotel.They were other people from the crew too who had accompanied them on their way back. Arun had offered Sid to rest in the cabin but he had denied. He knew Sana was on the deck so he climbed up. She was not alone this time. They were two or three boys from the team whom Sana was talking to. They all went quite when they saw Sid. He walked to them and the boys stood up.
Sid: Baito baito. No formalities please. He went and stood on the other end of the deck, looking at the water. He felt her behind him and turned around. She came and stood next to him.
Sana: You were excellent today.
Sid shrugged looking at her.
Sana: Nahi sach me. I really mean it. Shooting itne jaldi wrap up hogi aisi laga he nhi tha.
Sana sat on the bench nearby. Sid came and sat next to her. They did not speak, but both were enjoying the silence. Sid had given his hand when she was getting down the deck and Sana has willingly taken it.
Too tired Sana was lying on the bed in the hotel room debating with herself on ordering a dinner or not, when there was a knock on the door. She opened it to find Sid standing in the doorway.