Chapter 48

Salam.
I hope y'all are good 😌
And I hope y'all like this chapter. I had this chapter written down a long time ago.
And now I have the honor of y'all getting to read it😭😭🥺❤️.
Enjoy.

******************************************

Karim opened the black book.

"What's inside?"

Karim looked at the first page. All that was written there was ~K

K as in Karim?

Tawfiq peered into the book.

"Is that for you?" Tawfiq questioned.

"It could mean anything." Karim shrugged.

"I'd bet everything that it means Karim."

Karim didn't reply and opened the next page.

Owner: The Two Faced Beast.

So she was the beast she was referring to...

Karim kept on flipping through the pages. Each had a poem written on it. How would they know which one was supposed to help them?

"I guess she's a talented poetess."

"Her poems make no sense. I guess she wrote them so only she could understand it." Karim pursed his lips as he glanced through one poem.

They were more like jumbled words put together. But what did he know? He wasn't a poet to begin with.

"Let me see." Tawfiq stretched to take the book and instinctively Karim stepped back and brought the book closer to his chest.

Karim didn't know why but it felt like Zaira didn't want anyone to read her poems except herself and well maybe him. Because she basically put it in his boxer shorts drawer.

"I don't think she'll like that." Karim mumbled.

Tawfiq arched a brow but said nothing. They'd have to go through it in the end. No matter how close Karim kept it to his chest.

Karim continued to flip through. They'd need a lot of time to analyze each poem and see which was going to be helpful to them.

The last page was surprisingly empty and clean with no pen marks like all the other pages. Karim flipped it and stuck to the back of the book was a cassette tape.

Karim slowly pulled it from the tape holding it to the back of the book. He placed the book on his father's desk.

"There's something written on the other side."

Karim turned the cassette and written on a paper tape stuck to it were the words: 'Remember Me'

"By any chance do we have a cassette player?" Karim asked his father.

"Never owned one in my life. I'll let Aziz get one for us. Whatever this is, I have a feeling it's helpful."

Karim nodded.

Karim watched as his dad called Aziz and told him to get a cassette player for them.

"Where's Uncle Dean?" Karim asked.
He hadn't seen him since they arrived.

"He's picking up Zain from the airport."

"Oh okay then. I'll be in my room until Aziz arrives." Karim picked up Zaira's book and left the cassette tape on the table before leaving the office.

**

Karim entered his room to see a sleeping Samia in her cot by his bed. He smiled at her.

"You miss her too right? It's not just me, right? I know you do. You liked her too. Honestly, every fiber in me is panicking because I don't know when they'll decide to end her. It could be now or a second later. But I can't waver, I can't show myself panicking and rushing to find her. If I can't control myself dad won't let me go with them. And I have to. I need to get Zaira back. You know I need to." Karim talked to a sleeping Samia.