Chapter 51

Salam.
So...are we going to surpass Hidden???
Anyways...isn't Tawfiq getting on our last nerves??
Welp let the story continue as I decide what to do with him.
Enjoy.

******************************************

"Karim." Naima stepped inside the room and hugged him.

Karim hugged him back.

"Mama."

"How are you doing?" Naima smiled sadly at him.

There was nothing in his eyes. It was usually bright golden brown but now it looked just brown to her. He looked like he had lost all reason to live but was holding on because of something. One thing. Getting Zaira back.

"I'm fine." Karim simply answered and let his mother go.

"You're not okay, Karim. And I don't know what to do to make you better." Naima frowned.

Karim smiled a little.

"I'm sure you convinced dad to change his mind. That's the best thing you could have done for me."

Karim moved further into the room and sat down.

"It's not enough. You still look like you did yesterday. You're going to save, Zaira. You should be happy." Naima tried to get him to smile genuinely or brighten up but he still had a gloomy face on.

"I'm saving her to let her go again. And if I don't, dad will tell everyone in the world the truth about Samia." Karim sighed.

"Your dad threatened you?" Naima frowned.

What was wrong with Tawfiq? Naima knew he was over protective but this was going to far. How could he threaten Karim with Samia? That was just out of the question.

"An ultimatum. He gave me a choice. To choose between Samia and Zaira." Karim looked over at the baby cot.

"And you chose Samia. So you have to let Zaira go." Naima paused. "I don't care what Tawfiq thinks he's trying to do but I'll talk to him. He can't threaten everyone just because he thinks he has to."

"No. Don't. Please. I can't afford it if he changes his mind again. It will hurt a while but I'll be okay, right? As long as she's alive then I'm okay with that." Karim shrugged.

Naima looked at him sadly. How was she supposed to tell him it wouldn't hurt for a while. It would hurt for a long time and he'd feel like drowning every second of the day. He'd feel the pain twice harder each day that passes. Knowing he could have her in second but can't get her.

But she wasn't going to tell him that.

"Let's not go so far into the future. Right now we just need to find Zaira. So why don't you come with me to your dad's office so we can get to saving her. What do you say?" Naima said with a smile.

Karim nodded and followed his mother to his father's office.

**

"How long will it take you to decipher the code?" Tawfiq asked Naima.

"Not long." Naima replied and moved with the recording to another side of the office.

Everyone else was gathered around the office desk.

"The coordinates point exactly to the city by the border. It's fully rebel held and from what I know there are just a few civilians there." Aziz informed the small party.

"How do we get in?" Dean asked.
"Commercial flights are out of the question and your jet can't land in the country without them finding out."

Tawfiq crossed his arms across his chest.