Chapter 23

Salaam🥴😁
How's y'all??
Good, I pray?
Great then. If y'all good then let's get reading or for me...writing🥴😲🥳...but before that...I know some of y'all want me to update twice a week...I'm going to try real hard to do that...but the weekly updates will still be there. But trust me...I'm going to do my best to get two chapters up each week🥳🥳okayy let's go...

*******************************************

Basically all Karim could do was stay in between his aunt and uncle. He didn't understand anything they were trying to say with their hands. But from a few movies-Thank Allah for those-he knew a fist up meant stop...right?

All he had to do was keep low and quiet as they made their way slowly to the house. They were now at a back door and his aunt was checking to see if anyone had spotted them, her rifle in her hands and her finger on the trigger. His uncle was picking the lock on the door with a pin that Karim did not see where he had conjured it from.

In the next few seconds the door was opened and his uncle entered first as he followed right behind him. So maybe this wasn't a good idea. But still.
His aunt entered with her back facing them as she quickly gave a clear for the room they were in right now.

"We find your friend first and if it's on a silver platter we find the boss too, grab her and leave. If not possible then we grab just your friend and leave." Dean gave out the order.

Bella only nodded.

Karim nodded but could only think of the number of people risking their lives for Basmah. Her whole family cared for her and were worried sick because of her but all she cared about was supposedly saving a random person. Karim was beginning to think she just wanted to bring Zaira down for destroying her.
To Karim, he was beginning to think Basmah had taken bringing Zaira down personal. She just hadn't realized it.

The house was big and so far they hadn't encountered anyone until they got to an empty room with the door opened. There was a man inside smoking but his back was to them so he couldn't see them.

All Karim saw a few moments later was his uncle entering the room and his aunt holding him back to not follow.

His uncle grabbed the man by the neck from behind giving the man no time to shout. Then out of nowhere, Karim heard a snap. Did his uncle just snap a man's neck?

Karim instinctively stepped back but was blocked by his aunt.

"Calm down. He's not dead."

Karim snapped his head at her.

"You're lying." He shook his head in disagreement.

Karim looked at his uncle drag the lifeless body to one side.

Whoever that person was, he was very much dead.

"Hmmm" Bella sighed.

"We only brought you along for you to see for yourself the world you're trying to get yourself mixed up with. These people rarely forgive trespassers. They don't let stuff go. This is the world your parents are trying to protect you from." Bella explained to him.

"You're okay with all this? Uncle Dean just killed someone right in front of you." Karim didn't know how she was able to accept all this and still be able to join him in his line of work.

"Caro....don't tell me you think Dean dragged me into the job." She chuckled and shook her head but said nothing as Dean walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

What did she mean by that? Was she trying to say she was the one who brought his uncle into the job? But...she looked so...not deadly. Like she couldn't harm an ant.