Chapter 40

Salam
Second update??🤩🤩🥺❤️❤️
Chapter 40🥺❤️
Alhamdulilah
Remember me in your dua 😁❤️
To the story ‼️🚶🏿‍♀️

*****************************************

The hatch was just in the middle of the hallway of the top floor. They had to climb up a very long staircase leading from the underground pathway all the way to the top floor where the opening of the hatch was.

It was basically hidden in plain sight. But you wouldn't know it was there unless someone told you.

Zaira had used another route to go out of the house without being seen whiles Karim and his dad made their way downstairs to find Yasmine.

Surprisingly they hadn't yet entered the house and Karim knew that because it was eerie quiet and just the way they had left it a few hours ago.

They walked to the glass doors of their house which was being protected by metal gates from the outside. Making it impossible for anyone to see inside the house or get in.

"I thought they'd be inside by now. But turns out they're as dumb as they seem." Tawfiq commented.

"One thing before I open this gate."

"What is it?" Karim wondered.

"Don't put yourself in harms way. I'm telling you again in case you didn't get it when I was talking to Habiba a few days ago. I'm the dad. Not you. I do the protecting. Got it?" Tawfiq's expression was serious.

"You're the dad." Karim nodded in understanding.

"If anything happens to me, you take care of your mom and siblings like your life depends on it." Tawfiq added in a warning tone.

Karim frowned.

"Nothing will happen to you. Nothing must happen to you, dad. Besides Uncle Dean said if I'm not able to pin you down for 3 seconds I don't qualify as strong enough. We're both making it out of this alive so I can pin you down and Uncle Dean will finally see I'm strong enough." Karim said firmly.

Tawfiq smiled tightly before chuckling.

"It's a fight I look forward to then."

Tawfiq used his fingerprint and code to open up the metal gate.

As it slowly opened up automatically like an elevator door, they could see the figures of people who had their faces covered standing in front of the house. They would be roughly about 15-20. And Tawfiq was sure those weren't all of them.

As the gate opened fully all the people pointed the guns at them and they walked out of the house into the open towards the small crowd.

They stopped before they got too close.
The small group began to give way as Tawfiq noticed someone making their way through the path created.

Not surprisingly, the person who finally came into view was Yasmine.

"Tawfiq! Missed me?" She drawled out with a smirk.

She arched a brow with an evil smile when her gaze moved to Karim.

"And you brought one of your precious gems. And I thought I wouldn't get the chance to see them."

"You could have at least called. I would have prepared a feast in your name. For old times sake." Tawfiq bit back sarcastically.

"Really?" She gasped in fake shock.

"Ever always the sarcastic one. But I didn't come here to listen to you. I came here to get some things I need." She added.