Chapter 53

Salam
I haven't given a double update in a while.
So I thought why not?
Double update 🤭‼️
Enjoy.

*****************************************

Tawfiq brushed Naima's hair away from her face. It was 3am and they had to leave soon before people begun to wake up.

Tawfiq had said his goodbyes with his children the night before already. He and Naima had also said their goodbyes the night before and Naima had cried so much that she almost came close to telling Tawfiq not to leave.

She had told him not to wake her up before he left that morning because she wouldn't be able to handle watching him leave.

Unfortunately, she was awake the second Tawfiq got up to get ready but she decided not to open her eyes.

She could feel him walking around the room and dressing up as quietly as he could so as to not wake her up.
She already was.

And now, he was standing by her side of the bed brushing away her hair. She was trying so hard not to touch him.

Tawfiq kissed her forehead and she knew the waterfall would start. She stirred slightly and faced the opposite side, away from him.

"I know you're awake. You don't need to look at me leave."

Naima didn't answer as the tears fell out of her eyes. She couldn't hold them in anymore.

Tawfiq took hold of her hand and kissed it.

"I will be back, Habiba. I can't promise you anything but I'll do everything to come back with everyone alive."

Naima held back her cries in her throat but the tears still fell down her cheeks.

"I love you, Habiba. No matter where I am. Forever together." Tawfiq said to her.

No matter where I am.
Jannah(Paradise)

Dunya(World)

She couldn't say it. If she replied, she'd not be able to hold back her cries of pain and agony.

But for all she knew this could be the last time she saw him. She couldn't bear to handle it. It felt like a part of her was being ripped away.
She knew she had agreed to it but it didn't mean it wouldn't hurt.
Apart from Tawfiq too, Karim was going along. So was Zain...Dean...Bella...her family.

Never apart.

Naima thought to herself.

Tawfiq let go of her hand and turned to walk out of the room. She opened her eyes when he let her go. She just couldn't let him go like that.

She jumped off the bed and run to hug him from behind. She wouldn't look at him. She couldn't.

"Never Apart." She whispered into his back.

"Pleases. Don't turn. Go." She let him go and he walked out without turning to look at her.

Naima walked to their bed and laid on it.

She buried her cries into her pillow because there was nothing else she could do.

~

"I leave everything in your capable hands, Salim. Insist I do not want to be bothered for as long as you can. No visits from anyone. And protect our family." Tawfiq said to his brother.

"I will." Salim nodded in understanding.

"If things go south..."

"Nothing will go south, Tawfiq." Salim frowned.