Chapter 62

Karim wrapped a towel around his waist as he stepped out of the shower. He picked up another towel and used it to dry his hair whiles walking out of the bathroom.

He stepped out and looked at Zaira.

Her eyes were open. Looking at him. He stepped back and gasped in shock. At first he thought she wasn't fully awake because the doctor had said her eyes could open up even though she was in a coma. But that changed when her gaze moved downwards. And come to think of it, she wasn't in a comatose state anymore.

She was freaking awake.

"That's an amazing sight to see after waking up." She smirked slightly.
Her voice was rough and her words strained.

"Shit! Zaira, you're awake! Fuck yes!" Karim didn't know where all the cursed words came from all of a sudden.

He rushed to her side quickly.

"I mean Alhamdulilah! You're awake. I thought I'd lost you. I thought I'd never see you again after they took you." Karim out of nowhere started to attack every part of her face except her lips with kisses.

All Zaira could do was giggle in delight.

"But now you're okay. I'm so glad, you're okay! You don't know how I've missed..."

Zaira stopped his attacks by moving her head so that the kiss meant for her cheeks landed on her lips.

It was just mouth to mouth but it caught Karim off guard. Zaira pulled back and smiled.

"I'd like some water, Karim." She smiled at him.

"Um..water...sure." Karim moved away to pour water from the jug into a glass cup before handing it to here.

"Here." Karim handed it to her.

She took it and drank half of it in one go. Her throat was parched. She felt like she hadn't drank water in ages...well a few days but still...ages.

She gave it back to Karim who placed it on the table by the bed.

"How are you?" Karim asked after a while.

"You didn't seem to care when you attacked my face with kisses." Zaira chuckled.

"I'm sorry." Karim scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't worry. I liked it. And I'm fine. I still feel a little pain here and there but it's okay." She replied.

"I'm glad."

Karim was silent after that.

When she was asleep, he had so many things to tell her but now it felt like he didn't know how to speak English anymore.

"Umm...do you want something? Food?" Karim didn't even know what he was doing.

"Stop being weird, Karim. It's just me. Nothing's changed." Zaira chuckled.

Karim managed a smile.

He was about to say something when Zaira stopped him.

"It'd be nice if you changed into some clothes. My eyes keep drifting away."

Karim's eyes widened.

"Are you blushing? Oh my God, you are!" Zaira exclaimed.

"No I'm not." Karim frowned before walking away quickly into his walk in closet to change into some clothes.

And here he wanted her to see him dressed up all fancy in the beginning.

**

"Where's Samia?" Zaira asked when Karim returned.