Chapter 46

Salam.
Triple update🙂🤧
Yes please.

Enjoy.

*****************************************

Tawfiq arched a brow at Karim.
"You're not going anywhere."

"I know what you're thinking. You're free now. You're going to escape when no one is watching. The guards have orders to stop you with whatever means necessary. That includes shooting you down...anywhere in your limbs at least."

"They'll kill her, dad. And you know it." Karim was trying so hard to avoid an argument.

"There are people doing everything to find her, Karim." Tawfiq looked back to his papers he was going through before Karim entered the office.

"And you know I also want to find Yasmine and Hamid and bring them back to answer for their crimes. No matter what, I'll let them pay for every single thing they've done." Tawfiq added.

"It's going to take what? Days? Weeks? Months? A fucking decade? How do you know Zaira would be alive by the time you get them?"

"First of all, language. And secondly, I don't know if Zaira will be alive by then."

"Dad, please. Please. I can't let her die. Please." Karim pleaded with everything he had.

Tawfiq sighed.

"You know why she's not a priority to me? She hurt you, Karim. She deceived you. She lied to you. She almost got everyone killed. No matter how much you love her won't change the facts to me. You're my son. And I'm supposed to protect you from people like her. The army will try their best to find her but I can't assure you anything. And even if she's alive I'm not letting this marriage continue." Tawfiq looked Karim straight in the eye.

Karim's face fell. He was about to say something when Dean barged in.

"Karim! You! You my boy have made me a happy man!"

Karim didn't know his Uncle was in the house. He had woke up that morning without his hands cuffed to the bed. Thinking about it...what if he wanted to use the bathroom or something? It seemed his father didn't care how he went about it. And luckily the only liquid he had taken was that glass of water so he didn't need to use the washroom anyways.

He had taken a bath and made up for all the prayers he had missed before making his way here.

Karim looked at his uncle.

"Uncle Dean, I didn't know you were here."

"Oh yeah. I came yesterday but you were dead asleep I guess. Your father tells me you beat his ass!" Dean grinned.

Karim frowned. When did he beat his father up?

"Unaware...Dean...Unaware." Tawfiq reminded him.

"Unaware or not, you still beat his ass. And I'm so proud. I feel like I am the best fighting coach in the world!"

Karim was still confused.

"And as your fighting coach, I hereby graduate you from my trainings. You, my boy, are ready to face anything. I wish I was there to see you knocking him on the ground for more than 3 seconds. I should give you a medal." Dean patted his back.