Chapter 9

Salaam.
Such quick updates.
Why did Z call my Rimi though?
And Amira? Who saw that coming?
Let's get on with it then.

************************************

Z

It was written so boldly on his phone. Who even saved her number? Obviously she did when she had his phone.

He shouldn't pick it, right? Or? He had no idea what to do next.
The phone stopped ringing. He exhaled a sigh of relief.

Ping

A text message appeared on his phone. Guess who?

Z
Pick the damn phone, Karim.

The phone rang again and this time he actually picked it. There was no telling what she would do if he didn't.

"Hello there darling. I'd think you were purposely ignoring my calls." She paused.
"Am I right to think that?" She continued.

"I was purposely ignoring your calls. Why are you even calling me?" Karim wondered.

"Your highness, that's no way to treat a lady. I'm sure UCLA would be so glad to know they've got the son of the most powerful man in their school. I'm sure I got their number somewhere." Her voice sounded distant.

Like she was actually looking for something. And how did she know that he was at UCLA?

"What do you want Z? Are you here? I mean in the school?" Karim looked around. Maybe he'd spot her.

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

"Did you go through my stuff?" Karim wanted to be straightforward.

It's better if he knew she knew, than he didn't.

"Ooo... Afraid I might have chanced upon your biggest secret? Much bigger than you being a Crown prince?" Z said to him.

"Did you or did you not?" Karim asked her again.

"That's a question for another day. I just called to tell you this. I will come for my reward to keep my mouth shut soon."

"What reward?"

"Oh darling Karim. You wouldn't want to know yet. Love you. Byee." She taunted and ended the call before Karim could say anything else.

What reward?! He severely hoped it was just money. Because there was nothing else he could give away. Nothing.

Karim had to hurry up before he was late for lectures.

~

" Uncle Zain."

"Karim. How are you?" Zain asked.

"I'm fine. Alhamdulilah."

"How's school?"

"Feels like I'm learning stuff I already know but it's okay." Karim shrugged.

"Well that's good then. Your mom keeps asking me to keep an eye out for you but I know you are too old for that." Zain shrugged.

"She's just paranoid."

His phone began to ring. At first he thought it was Z but it turned out to be his mother. Speak of the devil.

"It's my mom." Karim said to his uncle.

"Oh sure go ahead. Just be sure to vouch for me that I'm looking after you." Zain said to him.

"I will." Karim chuckled.