Chapter 6

Salaam.
So it's been like 3 months since I last updated 💀
This is my first time updating this year.
I'm so sorry guys. I promised a continuous update after exams but unfortunately Corona virus has shifted every thing.
But no worries. If I get a chance I'll try to update.
I hope you enjoy this chapter though.

************************************

"Ma Shaa Allah. She's beautiful. Just like her mother." Karim looked into the baby's eyes for the first time since... she... died.

She stared at Karim with her big eyes intently like asking... 'Who's this guy'

Karim couldn't help but smile.

"Samia that's your dad." Naima cooed to the baby as of she'd understand that the man holding her was her father.

"You look so much like your mother." Karim pointed out.

It was true. She had all her features. It was a little weird. Because she was just almost a month old and yet one could tell who exactly she looked like.

"She's the cutest baby ever. My first grandchild." Naima smiled wildly.

"I don't think so." Karim mumbled to himself.

"Did you say something?" Naima wondered.
She thought she heard... Never mind.

"No." Karim shook his head in a negative.

"How are you though?" Naima asked with concern.

"I'm as fine as can be. Even though my back still hurts."

"He said he's sorry."

"He apologized to you for beating your son up. He isn't going to apologize to me. And I get it. I was in the wrong."

"He could have really done damage."

"I know. But he didn't. Which leads me to believe that he might have beaten your dad for him to agree to your marriage." Karim chuckled.

It was highly possible. Especially if Tawfiq knew Naima's father had been abusing her.

Naima scrunched her face. He couldn't have. Right?!

" I think I need to talk to your dad."
She quickly changed the topic.

" I know you are okay. But are you okay okay?" Even Naima herself was confused.

"If you mean emotionally, I don't know. I haven't burst out crying yet so so far so good." Karim forced a smile.

He wasn't going to tell his mother that he wasn't okay. She'd just get worried about it and he didn't want her to worry about him anymore.

He couldn't handle it. Every media source had to talk about him being a widower as such a young age. He hated it. Everyone trying to bear the pain with him. Yet none of them actually knew her. No one did.

"If you ever need to talk about it, you know where I'll be." Naima smiled at him and he returned it.

He knew his mother meant that in a good way. But he just couldn't take the pity party. He did not want to be the broken doll in the family. He needed to be free from everything.

" I think I need a break. " said Karim, as he put Samia back into her cot.

"What do you mean by break? What break?" Naima reiterated.

Just then Tawfiq entered the room and it seemed he had heard Naima.

Oh his luck.

"What break?" Tawfiq eyed him.