Chapter 43

Salam
Y'all eagerly waiting for this chapter so imma go right ahead🥴.
Enjoy.
I be making so much research these days...
Be thankful I love action movies.
If not...you'd read something no one would understand 💀
Okay now...Enjoy

******************************************

Dean's mind was split between flying the helicopter safely to a place where they could land and helping Tawfiq as fast as he could.

He didn't know what to do if something bad happened to Tawfiq or his family. It may sound made up but everytime Tawfiq was in trouble, he somehow failed him. However Tawfiq would do anything possible for him if it came down to it but even with all his abilities, strength, he somehow managed to never be able to help him when he really needed it.

Flashback
6 years ago.

"Hey, T." Dean said through the phone.

Tawfiq had to recheck the number again.
This wasn't Dean's number but that was his voice. And he could clearly tell.

"Dean?" Tawfiq asked just to be sure.

"Yeah...How are you, man?" Dean voiced out.

"I'm good. Alhamdulilah. Are you okay? Why are you using a different number?" Tawfiq wondered.

"I don't want to bother you but I'm in a sort of hassle."

"Bother me?" Tawfiq frowned.

"You don't 'bother me'. Why would you think that?" He added with confusion and placed emphasis on bother me.

"Yeah...sorry..." The line went quiet for a while. And Tawfiq could hear voices speaking behind but he couldn't hear exactly what was being said.

"Dean?" Tawfiq called out again.

"Dean, what's going on?" Tawfiq frowned deeply.

He heard him sigh.

"Interpol managed to get Bella and I, T. And now we're facing so many charges from every fucking where. Some I don't even think was our doing."

Tawfiq held his breath.

This was bad. Really bad.

"How?" Tawfiq asked.

Both he and Bella were so good at their job. They were basically like ghosts. They left no trace of ever being at a murder scene. So Tawfiq found it very hard to believe.

"You know how we've just been taking on one major job each year for a while now? Yeah...this year we were set up. Our mystery client was Interpol." He chuckled dryly

"But how, Dean? How? I told you to leave that field. Both of you. Now this. They'd give you the biggest punishment they can give. You know that right?" Tawfiq was getting angry.

Tawfiq understood their line of work. They were hitmen who took out people who were dangerous to the world. If they took a job, they'd ensure whoever they were to take care of was better of dead for the good of the world. They were like thrash collectors.
But he had been constantly telling them to leave that life behind. Start over a new life. They'd never have to fear being arrested or anything. They could even move to the UAE where they wouldn't be under the radar of the FBI or CIA. He'd help them out.

But they always refused. Both of them were stubborn and none wanted to rely on him. He understood them. But he still knew their job was a dangerous bet. He always had a feeling that something bad might happen one day.