Chapter 5

Salaam 🙂
It's another school break and I just felt I should leave something for you guys before next year.
I might be able to update not more than 3 chapters. In Shaa Allah. I'm not promising anything though👀💔.

Shamsiya is dead? Any thoughts??

Let's get on with it then.

************************************

Karim hadn't seen the baby since the hospital. That was two weeks ago. He didn't want to see her. He didn't hate Samia but a part of him felt she was to blame for him losing Shamsiya.
He knew that it wasn't sensible to blame a little baby but he couldn't help it. That's why he didn't want to see her. Even if she was his child.

He didn't want to talk to anyone. Not his father, not his siblings and not even his mother. He wanted to be alone. He was going mad slowly. Especially after the funeral when he had to wrap her up in the white cloth and be the one who helped to put her body into her grave. Something like that wasn't easily forgotten.

He was lying on the bed when he heard a knock. He didn't respond. He didn't have the energy to. The person would eventually go away. The knocking continued and stopped suddenly. That's when he heard the clicking sound of the lock.
Master lock...

He got up from his bed to see who it was. It was his mother. She looked sad but also looked thankful. Maybe because she had seen her son for the first time in a while.

"Karim. My little boy. How are you?" She abruptly went to hug him and with his height he looked like a giant compared to his mother.

For the first time, he didn't hug his mother back. She shouldn't have come to his room. She should have given him space. She cared too much.

Naima noticed how he didn't hug her back. She stepped back and looked at him. His face held no expression. It was blank.

"What's wrong, Karim?" She said softly.

"Nothing. I just want to be alone for the mean time." He replied.

"I know you do. But you have to come outside and see Samia. I know how it feels to lose a part of yo..." She wasn't even able to finish when Karim's expression fully changed to anger.

"No! You don't know how it feels to lose a part of you! You did that to yourself! You knew dad was alive yet you did nothing! You killed your own husband for yourself and killed my father for me! So don't you dare tell me that you know how it feels! You don't know anything about how I feel!" Naima's eyes were brim with tears and Karim knew he was hurting her feelings but he did not stop.

"You know how hard it was to deal with something like that?! Not having a father? Only to realize that he was alive all that time?! And you did it because of your own selfish needs! I forgave you back then but I can never forget, mama. I will always remember that you are the reason I never wanted to fall in love. I didn't want anyone to hurt me like how you hurt dad! I won't let anyone make me weak. I hate you and I will never forget everything you have done! I wish you were never my mothe..." Before he could finish his rant, Naima slapped him. He didn't even flinch. If anything he turned colder. She was crying fully now.

" I always did everything for you! EVERYTHING! " He didn't know the sacrifices she had to make just for him.

She wiped her tears roughly.

"Keep on thinking that, dear mother. It will make you feel better about yourself." Karim said with venom lacing his every word.

Naima looked at Karim. Even a blind person could tell that Karim was her favorite child. Yet he was the one person who could shatter her into pieces. She left his room. She did not look back. She just left.