Chapter 45

Salam🙂
Yayyy double update🤧🥳
And I'm sorry for such a late update 🙂💀
Enjoy 😉

***************************************

"Your highness?" A guard said through the phone.

"Speak."

"There's someone at the main entrance asking to see you. But we have orders to not let anyone in until further instructions...He says you're his brother." The guard said.

My brother? Dean?

Most of the guards had been changed so they were not familiar with Dean.

"Dean?"

"Yes. He identifies himself as Dean and he's with a woman."

"Let them in."

That was fast. How did a blizzard clear out so quickly for them to make it to the UAE the same day?

It was almost 3pm now and Karim was still asleep. The drugs the medics used had a lasting effect than the tranquilizer Layla used.

It took almost 45 minutes for Tawfiq to get another call from the military barricade around his house.

"Your highness..."

"Just let them in." Tawfiq sighed.

"Your highness, protocol." The guard insisted.

"I think they've been checked enough. Besides Dean is family." Tawfiq said.

Zaira was family too a few hours ago.

"You, go ahead with protocols. Just make it quick."

It's not that he didn't trust Dean. He did. With his life. But just a while ago, Zaira didn't know there was a weapon lodged in her. He didn't want any surprises.

Due to the palace being attacked, the security in and around the palace had tightened even more than necessary. Not a single fly could get in without being scrutinized at every barricade.
And there were a lot of those before you got to the actual palace.

He stepped outside his office. The hallways were quiet. Everyone had gone to their rooms to sleep. Even Naima was asleep but he couldn't sleep so he left the room to his office. Maybe it was just a way of his mind keeping him alert.

He walked down the stairs to see Dean and Bella approaching from afar with three guards behind them.

About 6 military personnels were stationed right in front of the glass doors. Tawfiq didn't feel like waiting for them to go through another check.

"Let them in." Tawfiq said out.

"Your highness. It's not safe." One of the soldiers said.

"I can take care of myself." Tawfiq added.
"Just let them in." Tawfiq sighed.

"Yes, your highness." They parted way for Dean and Bella to be able to walk inside the house.

Tawfiq smiled.

Dean went in straight for a manly hug.

"Tawfiq."

"Dean." Tawfiq patted his back.

"You were late for the party. Your sister took away all the fun." Tawfiq joked.