Chapter 61

Salam.
Enjoy 😊

*******************************************

"Tawfiq!" Naima run down the stairs to him before jumping at him.

"Habiba." Tawfiq muttered into her neck.

"You're okay! Alhamdulilah! I was so scared!"

"I'm okay too, mama. I just thought you should know that." Karim mumbled.

"It sucks being ignored." Dean sighed.

"Karim!" Naima let go of Tawfiq before hugging Karim.

"You don't have to strangle me, mama." Karim chuckled.

"Where's Zaira?" Naima frowned.

"The doctors said they need to monitor her for a few days before she can come home."

"I'm glad she's safe." Naima said genuinely.

"Zain."

Karim saw his Aunt Halima approach his Uncle Zain before hugging each other.

"Where are the kids?" Dean asked.

"The little ones are upstairs but the others went to the beach. They should be back by now..." Naima wasn't able to finish when the older kids all came through the doors attacking their parents. Except for Nick.

"Aunt Layla. I haven't seen you in so long." Nick exclaimed.

"Nicky...well you know you can visit any time."

Bella eyed Nick and opened up her hands to receive her hug from her son after letting Arthur go.

"I don't hug traitors." Nick glared at his parents.

Bella gasped with fake shock.

"Me? Traitor?"

"Yes. Both of you. You took Karim along with you and as if that wasn't enough you went with him on a private job." Nick frowned.

"How do you know...that idiot told you right?" Bella sighed.

Nick just shrugged.

"Remember I'm older than you. I get to do stuff you can't, Nicky." Karim teased.

"Don't call me that. You're also a traitor for not telling me. Come on, let's go and get some food and then pet more animals." Nick grinned.

Habiba, Daneen and Iman let go of their fathers and followed Nick into the kitchen. Arthur however stayed behind.
He was looking at the people standing uncomfortably at the door.

"Who are they?" He asked his father.

Dean looked at Tawfiq. For a moment they had completely forgotten about them.

"Ameenah, Hakeem, come closer." Tawfiq gestured them closer to everyone.

Naima smiled at them before looking at Tawfiq.

"This is Ameenah and that's Hakeem. They helped us find Zaira. They've lost their parents to the war so we decided to bring them here. I thought maybe Mariam would like to adopt them." Tawfiq explained.

Mariam was Hassan's mother.

"And if not, I'm sure I can get someone who will."

Naima just smiled at the two of them.
Hakeem held unto his sister tightly like she would disappear if he let her go.

"You seem exhausted. Come with me, I'll get you new clothes and you can change into them after taking your bath. You'd like that?" Naima asked.