Chapter 64

Salam
Enjoy

*****************************************

"You need to tell us what's going on. If our lives are at risk then our families lives are at risk too. We need to make sure they'll also brought here too, your highness." One of the Emirs pointed out.

Most of them had been Emirs longer than he had been king. Except for Fawzan. He succeeded Hamid after he was arrested as the Emir of Sharjah.

"My father has reason to believe that it's just your lives at stake." Karim spoke for his dad.

"And I have people watching your homes at this very moment." Salim assured them.

"You insolent fool! You drag us out of our homes with no form of explanation..."

Tawfiq slammed the table angrily.

"Do not test my last patience, Ridwan! Watch how you talk to my General and my brother or I'll ensure you have no use of that tongue." Tawfiq threatened the Emir of Ra's al-Khaimah.

The whole room fell silent. No one spoke.

Tawfiq smiled tightly a second later.

"Forgive my outburst. But my fellow dear trustworthy Emirs are being targeted and it's getting me a tad bit angry." Tawfiq smiled sarcastically.

"What do you suggest we do? Do we know the people after us? We need to find them quickly! This is treason! They have to be killed!" Hamza shouted.

"Killed? Isn't that a bit harsh? We don't know why they're after you but you want us to just find them and kill? Without a trial?" Karim arched a brow.

"You don't understand anything about ruling, boy! It's not your life at stake." Jamaad glared at Karim.

"You will not refer to my son as 'boy' , Jamaad. He's the crown prince and future king. Your future king. Honoraries are in place." Tawfiq's gaze was hard set on Jamaad, the Emir of Ajman.

"Forgive me, your highness. I'm just anxious about things." Jamaad bowed slowly.

"Don't be. This is one of the safest places in the country." Salim assured them.

"Najm Al'Uma was the safest place in the country. Maybe the world, yet people attacked the king. How do you explain that, General?" Hamza, the Emir of Umm al-Qaiwain.

"How do we explain that?" Tawfiq acted oblivious.

"I'd say someone was on the inside." Karim shrugged.

"Is there someone on the inside here? Working against you all to kill you before... well they kill them?" Tawfiq raised his brows.

All five Emirs looked at each other suspiciously. They were in this together yet they didn't trust each other.

"What are you saying, your highness? That one of us is a traitor?" Daud, the Emir of Fujairah frowned.

Of all the Emirs, Tawfiq had good relations with him.

Daud had been good friends with his father before he died and finding out he was part of the people working against him made him angry.

"I like you, Daud. I do favorites. I'm not my father. And you were my favorite at one point. I've invited you to my home so many times than any one else. I've come to yours just as much. I'd never call any of you traitors unless I have reasons to believe so." Tawfiq pointed out calmly.
"Or do you have a reason for me to think one of you is a traitor?" Tawfiq narrowed his gaze at Daud.