Chapter 21

Salam🥳🔥
It feels so good to start typing again but my fingers are not happy💀. Guess what fingers??...I run this town🚶🏾‍♀️😁
Anyways I don't want to talk a lot but I honestly do hope you enjoy the chapter. It could be a little weird because I've been absent for long but I'm going to make it great. Let's get reading....

********************************************

"No." Karim simply said.

"Why?!" Zaira exclaimed.

"I don't want to?" Karim responded with an obvious tone.

"Give me 3 reasons why you don't want to go with me." Zaira folded her arms across her chest.

"1. Because I'd have to leave Samia behind. That's not happening. 2. I don't like places with plenty people. And 3. I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Arghhhh!!! We can leave Samia with your aunt. You don't have to talk to anyone there too. And besides, you owe me." Zaira smirked.

Karim lifted his head which was basically inside Samia's cot and stared at Zaira blankly.

They were in Samia's room. He was in there just playing with Samia when Zaira barged in without knocking-not like she ever did-all excited.

"You're going to use your-You owe me- on a carnival?" Karim pondered.

She could have literally asked for anything else but she asked for him to go with her to a carnival.

"Yessss! They're in town only for a few days and I want to go!" Zaira stated firmly.

Better than she asking for anything weird. The carnival it was.

"Fine. We'll go to the stupid carnival." Karim agreed.

"Good. I can't wait for tomorrow!" She began to make her way out.

"Remember that they're sending someone from the office today." Karim reminded her.

"Yeah. I remember. I better go and take my bath. Byeee."
She turned to leave.

"Don't bang the doo..."

BANG!

"the door." Karim sighed.
She never listened.

**

"Hello, you must be Karim." The man said.

"Yes. Please, come in." Karim invited the man clad in a black suit in.

"Samantha couldn't come in today so I'm here in stead." The man smiled warmly.

"We were informed. It's not a problem though. You are..." Karim hadn't gotten his name.

"Jack. Jack O'Brian." The man put out his hand to which Karim shook firmly.

"Please." Karim gestured to one of the seats in the living room.

"Thank you." Jack placed his work bag on his lap and took out some papers.

"Your wife will join us, no?"

Where the heck was she?

Karim smiled apologetically as he stood up from his own seat.

"I'll just check up on her. You know women." Karim joked lightly.

"Don't we." Jack arched his eyebrows suggestively.

"I won't be long. Excuse me."

She was supposed to be down already. Had she gone out or she had fallen asleep?