Chapter 24

Told y'all to expect another chapter right? Here's the chapter then😁⭐️🎈❤️

*****************************************

Karim heard Basmah scream.
He had to do something now.

"Marilyn, wait! Please no!"

"Hold." Marilyn stopped her people from shooting.

She turned her attention to Karim fully.

"How do you know my name?" She arched a brow.

Even her men knew her as M. Or just Lyn to people she was closer to. No one knew her name. Just a few people. Her family, who were all basically dead and...

"I'm with..."

"Z."

Karim didn't expect her to know what he was going to say but she did. Bella just watched on. Confused as ever. But Basmah's mouth fell.

This was the proof she needed. For someone to admit they knew Z.
And yet it seemed Karim knew everything already. He did say it was a thing of Zaira's past and had nothing to do with him and her but she didn't think he knew the whole truth. So why did she bother then? Why did she put so many lives at risk just to prove something to a man she's barely known for a few months? Or for her own selfish needs.

"Yes. I'm with Z." Karim nodded.

"And Z told you to attack my home?"

"No. No. She warned me against it. But I needed to get my friend out. That's why I didn't listen."

"Why is she coming out now? Since she was made to leave no one's known her whereabouts and now she pops up from nowhere affiliated with a rich man? Just the Zaira I know."

She was made to leave? By who? Where did she go? What was she hiding?

"Who made her leave?"

"So nosey. I can't say. But just so you know, there are bigger people upstairs than me. Z should know that more than me."

"Which people?" Karim was asking too many questions.

"I'm not at liberty to say. That is if I even knew." She stood up from her chair and walked straight to Karim meanwhile Bella had her rifle pointed right at her.

She came closer to Karim and whispered.

"But just something to keep you open about being friends with Z. Stay away from her. She knows people in places a girl like her shouldn't know."

She stepped back.

"A favor for a favor. Let them go."

The men put their guns away.
But Bella couldn't drop her gun. What just happened? Did Karim just talk his way out of them being killed?

"Tell Z, I'd love to catch up. She's busy with work stuff and all but a day wouldn't change anything. I implore her to spare a day for her poor big sister." She turned away from them.

Zaira had a job? What job? All she did was sleep and eat all day. Or? Right?

"I can't just let you leave." Bella stopped her.

"Oh you will. I let you go because of a favor I owed a dear friend. But if you shoot, I shoot, we both shoot. People die. I think that's a fight for another day. Don't you think so, Fantasma ?"

Fantasma??? Ghost?

"You know who I am?" Bella asked.

"I can tell a hit woman when I see one. Especially if she's a legend." She opened a door Karim hadn't seen before.