Chapter 57

Double update😮😮‼️
How's everyone 😅☺️
Alhamdulilah y'all good 😌
Enjoy.

*****************************************

"We're looking for something fishy?" Karim said unsurely to the old woman who was seated on a bench right outside the half broken building.

"How fishy?"

"With a little bit of spice?" Karim replied.

The old woman nodded and stood up from the bench.

"Follow me." She gestured.

Karim, Tawfiq, Dean, Bella, Layla and Marilyn were the only ones who had come. Zain and Michael were working on moving the UAE satellite right over them.

They all followed her quickly into the house which Karim was sure was worse than the building they were in when Marilyn attacked.

They stopped when the old woman stopped.

"Down there." She pointed to a door which led down to the basement. The door looked like it was a part of the wall until it was pointed out to you.

Karim nodded at her.

"Thank you."

They walked down the stairs into the basement.

"You're here."

Someone said from behind them.

They all turned to see Ameenah smiling at them.

"Yeah. Make yourself at home. Just not that side. It's a bit shaky." She pointed to one corner of the room.

There were a few pillars holding the basement in place. It still didn't look safe to Karim.

Ameenah's eyes landed on the bags Marilyn, Dean and Bella were holding.

Her eyes lighted up.

"Hakeem! They brought food!" She screamed and in came rushing a teenage boy who was clearly her brother.

He stopped and stood behind his sister.
He whispered something to her.

"It's all ours." She assured him.

Karim looked at him well.

He had autism.

That's why she wanted them to take him away.

"This is Hakeem. He doesn't do well with communication as you can see. He's autistic with savant syndrome so he's very smart too. He also has photogenic memory. Cool right?" Ameenah smiled and ruffled her brother's hair.

What was cool about that?

Karim had photographic memory too and apart from education, it wasn't cool.

Ameenah stepped closer to them.

"Can I?" She gestured to the bags.

"This is a third of our supply, you should know. So use it wisely."

"We will. Thank you." Ameenah took one of the bags and picked out a bottled water.

She opened it and took a sip.

Karim realized she was checking if it was safe to drink before giving it to Hakeem to drink.

Hakeem's watch started to beep.

"Go and call Nana in." Ameenah told Hakeem.

He scurried away and later came back with the old woman they had seen earlier.