Chapter 44

Salam.
So yay...Paired has officially passed the number of chapters in Exposed🎉
Will it exceed Hidden????
I don't even know myself 🙂
So so so
Enjoyyyy🥴

******************************************

Karim felt like he had sat in the same position on the ground for ages but he knew it had just been a few minutes.

He felt a hand touch his shoulder causing him to tense up and snap his gaze to the owner of the hand.

It was his dad.
He looked at his dad for a few seconds and stood up, wiping the dried up tears on his face with his palms.

Karim walked past his dad who held his hand to stop him.

"Where are you going?" Tawfiq frowned.

"Where else? I'm going to get her back." Karim stated in an obvious tone.

"You're not going anywhere yet. How are you going to get her back? You don't even know where she is at the moment." Tawfiq stated.

He wasn't thinking straight, Tawfiq knew. He was basically a mad man willing to swim through the sea right now. And he wasn't going to let Karim do anything stupid.

Karim turned to face his father with a strong gaze. They were having a staring contest and from the anger, pain, sadness looming in Karim's gaze, Tawfiq was sure he'd not back down first from the stare down.

"You're not thinking straight. They could be anywhere right now." Tawfiq tried to talk sense into him.

Karim cocked his head but still held a strong gaze.

"So? What are you going to do? Stop me?"

Karim's words were falling out of his mouth like a killer with no emotions.

"Yes. You need help. And you know it. This isn't how you help her..."

Karim ignored him and turned away from him. He started to walk towards the direction of the sea. He was going to get a navy boat, follow them to wherever the hell they've gone and get Zaira back. He was going to get Zaira back. If he had to kill anyone who stood in his way, he wouldn't hesitate. He wasn't going to lose her. He couldn't lose her. He had to get her back. By hook or crook.

Karim felt a hand grab his arm and pull him backwards.

"You're not going anywhere, Karim." Tawfiq sneered.

Karim fumed and catching Tawfiq off guard he grabbed his arm. Before Tawfiq could realize what Karim was about to do, it was too late. Karim used all the force in his shoulders and arms to undercut his father and overthrow him. Tawfiq hit the ground with his back with a loud thud.

He groaned from the impact.

Karim pressed a hand on his dad's chest and had another hand fisted to strike. Both his legs were locking his dad in place just to prevent him from getting up.
Tawfiq exhaled from his mouth.

Karim glared angrily at him. But it wasn't fully directed at his dad. He was just furious his dad tried to stop him. He didn't even realize he had his dad on the ground for more than 3 seconds. He didn't even care about anything except getting Zaira back before they did anything to her. He'd never forgive himself if something happened to her. He'd die if anything happened to her.

"I'm going to find her. I'll fight you if I have to. Don't get in my..."

Karim felt a prick in his neck and his vision became foggy. His hold on his dad loosened a fraction.

"That's enough."

Karim heard someone say before he lost consciousness falling right by his father.