Chapter 68

Salam
Enjoy.

******************************************

"Your highness." Zayan bowed politely to Tawfiq and Karim.

Zaira was standing there awkwardly fidgeting. She hadn't seen him since he left home. He had changed considerably but he still looked the same to Zaira.

"Zayan. Congratulations." Tawfiq congratulated him for winning his court case.

"Thank you."
Zayan smiled politely.

He turned his gaze to Zaira and smiled fully.

"Zaira..."
Zaira run into his unexpecting arms.

"Zayan..." Zaira cried out as she held unto him tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Zaira. All this happened because of me. If I hadn't left home..."

"No...It's my fault. I shouldn't have run away from home. If I didn't you wouldn't have come here and gotten caught..."

"It's all in the past. Everything worked out fine, from what I can see. You're basically going to be the next Sheikha of this country."

"Hmmm."

Zayan pulled back and looked at her in a questioning manner.

She gave him a loop sided smile and shook her head.

She let him go after that.

"Zayan. It's good to see you again." Karim smiled at him.

He was the only living family of Zaira. They had to be comfortable with it each other.

"Your highness."

"Oh no. Just Karim." Karim insisted.

"But you're the crown prince."

"And you're my brother in law. You can call me Karim when we're not in public at least." Karim said.

Zayan only nodded.

"Why don't we go inside? The rest of the family can't wait to meet you." Tawfiq said to him.

"I really don't want to intrude. And I definitely don't deserve to be here. For what I did, I shouldn't even be allowed to step close to the gates. I only came with your people because I wanted to see Zaira before I left." Zayan smiled apologetically.

Zaira frowned.

"Left? Where are you going to? You just got out of jail...hell basically. And you're just going away? You can't just leave me again."

"I'm not leaving you. I know you're in good hands. I'm just going back home. Start off fresh. I'll be in touch, Zaira. Trust me." Zayan assured her.

"But you can stay here for the mean time and then we can... you can go back to Qatar later." Zaira pouted.

"He can stay here, right, Karim?" Zaira looked at Karim expectantly.

"Um...of course. He could stay here for the meantime if he wants. But I don't think you should force him to stay. He clearly doesn't feel comfortable here." Karim explained to Zaira.

"I know you want me to stay. I also wish I could stay but Karim's right. I won't feel comfortable staying here. I honestly just want to go back to Qatar and forget everything that happened since I stepped foot here. You have to understand me. This place may be your new home but my home is Qatar. I've hurt people here, Zaira. Whether intentional or not. My memories here are just memories of being hunted down by the police and military and being in jail. That's why I can't stay. You can visit anytime you want. All of you are welcome." Zayan turned his attention to Karim and Tawfiq.