Chapter 50

Salam.
I want to knock Tawfiq honestly.😪🌝
My Naima was so hurt.
Imma knock some sense into him. Hopefully he doesn't shout on me too because I'd cry 😭😪🚶🏿‍♀️

And heyyyy chapter 50??? We've made it this far Alhamdulilah...Jazak Allah khair to everyone. Thank you alll❤️❤️😭😭😭😭

Enjoy.

******************************************

Tawfiq raked his hair.

"I did the right thing, Aziz." Tawfiq looked up at him.

He was still in his office even after everyone walked out angrily.

"Yes, your highness." He nodded.

Tawfiq sighed.

"Are you just telling me yes because that's what I want to hear?"

"Yes, your highness."

"Permission to be frank with you?" Aziz asked him.

Tawfiq nodded.

"Go ahead."

"You didn't need to shout at the Queen. Especially in front of people."

Tawfiq groaned.

"I know, I know. I fucked up. She hates being shouted at and I brought my anger on her."

"You also didn't need to threaten the General. He's still your brother."

"That was foolish of me."

"And you didn't need to threaten your closest friend with his family. That was too low."

Tawfiq sighed.

He shouldn't have given Aziz permission to speak frankly. He was not making him feel any better.

"But, I understand you. You lost 300 of our best troops to those people and you don't want to lose your family to them too."

"I knew you'd understand me and be on my side."
Tawfiq smiled a little.

At least someone was with him.

"Oh don't get me wrong but I'm not on your side, your highness." He shook his head frantically. "I'll agree to anything you decide because you're my king and I'm supposed to trust your judgment. But it doesn't mean I support your decision."

Tawfiq arched a brow.

"It seems you don't believe getting your son's wife back is worth it. I personally believe it's because you don't like her. Because you know that Dean, the Calvary and the General can handle a few rebels and get her back."

"It could be a trap."

"It could not be a trap. You might not like your daughter in law but your son does. And the Queen is right. He's losing his last bits of sanity. I saw him rocking himself and chanting 'she's okay. she's fine.' to himself in his room when I went to get him. He might not realize it yet but it's eating him up everyday. If his life continues downhill like this, I don't think he'll be fine enough to take over after you. He'd end up in a mental hospital before anyone realizes."

Aziz bowed.

"But that's just my opinion. And I trust your judgment, if you still think it's a trap your highness. I'll ensure no one leaves as long as you say so. Excuse me." Aziz bowed again and left the office.