Chapter 1

Salaam.
I'm so excited to start this book. ✨✨
Here goes nothing.

************************************

'Where is she?' Karim thought.

They were going to be late and it would be her fault... again. Shamsiya had a knack for forgetting time.

He walked outside their house. Maybe she was waiting for him there? Not possible.

The second he stepped outside, he heard the nickname he hated the most.

"Rimi!" Shamsiya shouted from her balcony.

Karim turned towards her. There she was. Ever relaxed. On her balcony swing. With a big bowl of ice-cream in her hands.

"What do you think you are doing?" Karim eyed her.

"Eating ice-cream? I thought you were smart, Rimi?" She giggled.

"I know. But did you forget we have something to do today?"

"We do? What? I don't remember." She said, her mouth full with ice-cream.

"Jummah? Dear Allah. How do you forget things so easily?"

"I didn't forget. I'm just not going anymore." She shrugged.

"Why not?"

"Ask mother nature."

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Karim rubbed his face.

"If I'd known, I would have told you, your majesty." She bowed a little to tease him.

She knew he hated it when she called him that. She never did. Even from the first time he met her 9 years ago.

When they first met, she obviously hated his guts, if her scowl was of any reference.

That was only because he didn't reply to her Salaam when she entered his room with her mother. It wasn't his fault that he was irritated about leaving his friends behind.
She had caught his attention there and then. Shamsiya was the only person so far who wasn't afraid to confront him...and he loved that about her.

He remembered how he made her come and live with them in their home when he realized that they didn't have enough time to play.

*9 years ago*

"We are here now. Why did you want to see us?" Tawfiq asked him.

"Yes. I wanted to see you guys to ask for something very important." Karim explained.

"And what's that?" Naima wondered.

"Do you know the Chief maid?"

"I don't really know her directly. Do you know her, babe?" Tawfiq asked Naima.

"Is it Rahma?" Naima wondered.

"Yes. Her."

"What do you need from her?"

"I just realized that she wastes so much money and time getting to and from the palace..." Tawfiq interrupted him.

"I don't exactly know Rahma but I do know all the maids and servants live in the Eastern part of the palace." Tawfiq didn't get what he was trying to get at.

"Since when?!" Karim asked with a shocked expression.

"Since the palace was built. Stop beating about the bush and get to the point."