Chapter 37

Salam people 🙂
So Remember me in your duas
Anyways let's get reading...

******************************************

"Salim." Dean said over the phone.

He had tried calling everyone he could call inside the palace and no one had answered his call. It wasn't even going through in the first place. So he had to call the one person he knew wasn't currently living there.

"Dean."

"What's going on, Salim? Tell me you've found them alive and well. Please." Dean couldn't take it any longer.

He so badly wanted to take the next flight to the Emirates but because of the weather, all flights had been canceled and they were stuck there. He could do nothing to help Tawfiq and that thought alone made him feel broken and useless.

Tawfiq had helped him for as long as he could remember. And right now, he and Bella were only free from Interpol and literally most countries most wanted fugitives list because of him. He did the impossible for them after they got caught years ago. But that was a story for another time.

"I'm sorry, Dean. But no." Salim sighed.

"What exactly is happening?" Dean asked with concern.

"I got here a while ago and all I could make out from the dark is smog at the Northern wing of the palace. And I believe there are people hurt inside but I can't say if Tawfiq and his family are amongst the injured or not." Salim continued.
"The part they live in seems pretty undisturbed but from the footage of the drone we sent up, we believe it's on a lock down."

"No contact with anyone inside?"

"All forms of communications were lost before I even got here. We believe an EMP was used to do so but we can't be sure. And we can't find a way in because we don't know the hostage situation yet and we can't risk anything. We don't know who or what is behind it yet."

"Tried going in?"

"Currently we're breaking down the firewalls of the security system. The EMP shut everything off but it seems whoever is behind this has put precautions up so basically the security system sees us as the threat."

"Impenetrable." Dean sighed.

"Yes. I believe the time between the EMP going off and the bomb detonating brought chaos and they were able to infiltrate the palace before the security systems went up again."

"This was premeditated, Salim. They knew what they were heading into and they planned everything in place. To get injured hostages and keep everyone else out."

"They cornered us." Salim muttered.

"Yes. And if I know Tawfiq as well as I do, I know he's trying to protect everyone and trying to send the motherfuckers to hell at the same time. But he knows he's probably outnumbered. Even with Karim there, they still are. The bomb must have dragged the security details to the Northern wing. Leaving Tawfiq's side vulnerable." Dean decoded from the small information he had gotten.

"But since you say Tawfiq's current location is on lockdown then he knows he's cornered and has decided to protect first. He has faith that help will come that's why he has retreated. He'll stay low till he knows help has arrived." Dean thought through carefully.

Wait.
He looked at his phone carefully and he realized something was off.

"Salim...the fuckers are listening in on us. Smart. Listen to me, whoever the fuck you are. We'll find you one way or the other. Trust me. And if you didn't know who you're messing with in the first place, let me tell you, your name will disappear off the face of this world like nothing. If I were you I'd go back were I came from. You've already started taking your last few breaths." Dean threatened.