Chapter 60

Somehow, the rebels had made it past the ground floor barricade they had made and now they were just outside the barricade to the floor Tawfiq and Dean were on.

Luckily for them they could hear the chopper approaching from afar.

They both looked at each other.

"You go. I'll hold them."

They both said simultaneously.

"I should have known we both had the same thoughts in mind." Dean chuckled.

"You'll go, Dean. You have to." Tawfiq said seriously.

"I won't, T. So that means you'll have to go first." Dean shrugged.

Tawfiq sighed.

The chopper finally landed on the roof of the building. The building wasn't strong enough for a chopper to land on so they had to hurry up.

"Rock, paper, scissors then?" Dean suggested.

"You want us to decide who could die with Rock Paper Scissors?" Tawfiq chuckled.

"God, I love you, man. But you're just stupid." Tawfiq laughed.

"Well you don't want to go and I don't want to so it's fair enough to use Rock Paper Scissors to decide."

"We're not using Rock Paper Scissors, Dean. So either you go or we both stay and pray we both don't die." Tawfiq stated.

"Bella will burn my ghost if I die."

"Naima too. Naima too."
They both sighed.

"I guess we're both staying."

"Me too."

Tawfiq turned to see Karim and basically face palmed himself mentally.

"What are you doing here? My God both of you are foolishly stubborn." Dean groaned.

The doors were being shaken now. They'd breakthrough it any minute.

"The pilot said we have five minutes before the building collapses. So let's go." Karim informed.

Everyone was quiet for a while before they heard the door screech open. One rebel somehow squeezed his way through it and aimed at Tawfiq. Everything happened so fast that they didn't have any time to react.

He fired his gun.

Tawfiq couldn't move. He wanted to say something but nothing was coming out from his mouth.
The bullet didn't hit him because Dean was standing in front of him out of nowhere.

"No!" Karim screamed and shot the rebel right in the head.

The others were trying to push the barricade away to get to them.

Dean fell on his knees.

"Why the fuck are you smiling!" Tawfiq growled.

"I just took a bullet for you." He managed to chuckle.

"This isn't the time for this! Let's move." Karim ordered.

Tawfiq held Dean up as Karim kept shooting at anyone who managed to get through the small opening.

"Don't worry, T. I'll live. I can even walk." Dean chuckled and let Tawfiq go to prove his words.

"I got hit in the shoulder, don't make a big fuss. I've been hit at worse places and I still survived."

Tawfiq groaned in annoyance as he turned to help Karim shoot.

He was glad at least that Dean was fine.