,, - don't be shy ; diluc

__________

" what's wrong? don'tbe shy, talk to me

be shy, talk to me."

__________
..

its a male reader
..
_________

,, – ♧

..

..

..

working at the dawn winery wasn't the only thing that made you tired; it was also the undying amount of work load that was dumped on you by none other than the master diluc himself. he always said that you 'had loads of potential' , but honestly you just thought he was saying it to be polite while he wanted you to do all the work.

still, you couldn't complain, he was the one who gave you the job. it was a job you wanted to take up because you needed to take care of your sick sister back home in natlan; you would send mora back to her every end of the month, and diluc paid you very well. so, unfortunately, it was tough work.

you had an eye for the red-headed young man though, for he was very much eye-catching. whenever he spoke, he would press his palms on the edges of the table and leaned in, and his silky red hair would slide down his shoulders;

whenever he tasted the wine you made, he would dip his pinky into the liquid and then bring it to his lips. he'd lick, and then always tell you that it was good;

whenever he asked you to clean up late in the tavern, with just you and him in there, he would be wiping the glass and bottles as you swept and wiped the tables and windows.

you were too shy to speak more than a few words to him, and if you ever did speak, it was the general 'hello', 'good morning sir', 'thank you', kind of thing. you knew he never took notice of you because of how different you were, you were from natlan after all, and mondstadt was new to you.

"y/n," diluc's sudden call jolted you from your work, and you almost dropped your broom. the tips of your ears heated up, and you sucked in your red lips before turning your head to look at diluc.

he didn't have his eyes on you, but you knew he was focusing his attention on you while he wiped the edges of the wine glasses. you gulped, being too shy to even hold a proper sentence. "u-um.. yes sir?"

"would you come here for a moment?" his tone was flat and dead, as if you had angered him earlier in the day and he wanted to get his vengeance. your cheeks heated up, and there was really nothing you could do to stop your heavy from beating out of your chest.