,, - soft murmurs of the wind ; xiao

________________________

..

" i'm not mad at you. i'm
mad at the fact that you
do not take care of yourself. "

..

__________________________________

..

modern au

..

__________________________________

..

..

,, - ♡

the tension between you and xiao grew with every passing second. he was sitting just a few inches next to you, and even though he wasn't facing you; you could tell that he was slightly upset with you after what you had done.

you tried to ignore the fact that he was radiating heat and anger and tried to focus more on the scenery from the cable car. sumeru was a beautiful place filled with beautiful flora and fauna, not to mention the rainforests and beautiful coloured birds. from up here, you could see the green of trees and the cranes that flew by, as well as a few temples up ahead.

despite the beautiful view, you felt very awkward inside the cable car with xiao. you hadn't even really wanted to be in a car with just him, but xiangling and the others pushed you both in here and waved goodbye before you and xiao could protest.

you sighed quietly so he wouldn't hear, and looked at the ticket in your hand. your eyes slipped to the side to steal a glance at xiao; he was staring out from the cable car, admiring the scenery. from your view, the sunlight was slightly pouring in from the glass, and you could see the top part of his face shining under the light; his long lashes and thin red lips, as well as his gentle yellow eyes and green hair.

you needed to say something; at least an apology for what you had done earlier. you weren't really thinking straight, so instead of staying at the hotel with everyone else, you decided to venture out into the unknown yourself, got yourself lost, and it took forever for everyone to find you. everyone else were glad you were safe and sound, but xiao didn't speak a word to you after he found you.

"xiao was very worried about you when we heard that you were lost,"

those were zhongli's words to you; and when you turned to look at xiao, he just looked away. you were worried that you had somehow made him too angry, but you didn't know what to say. you wanted to speak to him, but then again you just... couldn't. the ride was still a long one, and it would be a few long minutes before you reached the end, so silence wasn't the best option for a ride as long as this.