,, - the cold eyes of a yaksha ; xiao [ part i ]

;-;) im actually sad right now ;-;)
;-;) know my pain through words ;-;)

..

__________________________________________

" do not call out
my name unless
you are in danger. "

..

__________________________________________

..

..

..

,, - ♡

it had been a whole day, and xiao has still not spoken a word to you. even though you both were embarked on a great adventure across liyue and he was your adeptus protector, you two would rarely exchange words with each other. it wasn't because of lack of conversation either, it was merely because he never said anything much to you.

that, and after yesterday's fight, you were certain that he wouldn't ever open his mouth out to you again. you were already on thin ice with him, and having to see him speak to the villagers and do his duties like normal as if nothing had happened the other night hurted you tremendously.

"why can't we do this..?" you asked, looking up at him as he pushed you away from his body. the night was cool, and the wind was breezy, though you didn't feel at peace at all.

xiao looked away from you. "my duty is to protect you, not anything more. once my contract of protecting you ends with rex lapis, then we are to be strangers," he moved away from you slightly, refusing to look at you even after your protests. "i'm going back inside."

the scene from yesterday night played in your head, and it hurted you that he could say it so easily, unlike you; you couldn't say it like that. it had been two weeks of travelling around liyue, and you figured that you had gotten close to him since he had sat down with you; he told you a little bit of his stories but never much; and his usual words to you were;

"hm."

that, or it was just silence. he wouldn't really respond to the things you said, and it made you self-consceince. you sighed and tried to shake away the negative thoughts and ran over to the small river to play despite xiao telling you not to leave the village too far or you'd be caught up with the fatuis.