,, - together ; xingqiu

___________________

" while you play that,may i read you a verse? "

may i read you a verse? "

____________________

,, - ♧

..

..

..

the guzheng was your favourite instrument in xingqiu's wealthy home. he had many musical instruments as well as many shelves of books of different kinds of history; poems; and the art of war, fighting, and diversity.

you only paid attention to the guzheng however, as your fingers had a special talent for the thin strings of the guzheng. you needn't any protection for your fingers, as they would strum across the strings beautifully, and xingqiu enjoyed the soft strums of the chinese instrument while he read in the study.

the guzheng in his traditional chinese home was made by bamboo, animal teeth, and a combination of many beautiful jades, as well as the nocticulous jades. as your thumb rotated rapidly around the same string of note, it produced a beautiful tremolo effect.

you never realised it, but xingqiu would always look up from his book to watch your beautiful finger pluck and strum across the painful strings that once slit your skin. he would always admire from afar, as you would always be playing so seriously.

he had many other instruments, like the bamboo flutes, but you always proffered to play the guzheng instead. xingqiu never complained, and it was never noisy; he loved you playing for him.

he flipped the pages of his book while he leaned his body against yours as you plucked away, strumming the strings over and over again, sometimes rotating on the same string again to create a tremolo tune, something of a comfort to his ears.

you looked at him for a brief moment, and then back at your guzheng. you smiled. "xingqiu dear, what are you up to?"

"your fingers are beautiful, y/n," he said quietly as he read the traditional wording of chinese literature, learning more everyday.

you smiled lightly as you focused on your playing, blushing ever so slightly. you hummed in response as he leaned in closer to you, slightly pushing you in a way; you knew what he was doing, he was bothering you again.

"xingqiu ahhh... i'm trying to play," you whined slightly, laughing at how cute he was bring, your fingers still on the thin strings.

"it may be selfish of me, but i do want your attention as well, you have been playing for the past five hours, my dear, are you not tired?"