,, - morning routine ; diluc

________________________________

..

" stop moving around like
that, how am i to tie your
hair if you keep moving? "

..

____________________________________

..

..

,, - ♡

[ diluc's pov ]

..

"diluc...."

it was the same muffled voice again. i had just gotten up from bed, and not even two seconds later, the soft voice from behind me rang into my ears. the room was too dark, and i couldn't really see much, but i saw enough that i could make out the lamp on the nightstand and your necklace. i flicked the switch of the lamp, and again, your soft voice persisted.

"mmhh.. diluc.."

i rubbed the sleep out of my tired eyes and ran a hand through the think mess of red hair. i swear i couldn't deal with it sometimes, then again, you liked it very much, so i didn't wish to cut it. it would mean a few months of nagging from you, and i honestly didn't need that. and also maybe because i didn't like seeing you sad, but let's not talk about that.

i turned my head to see your eyes closed, still mumbling to yourself in your sleep. were you awake? or were you asleep? i shifted towards you on the soft bed , running my hands down your soft hair. you never really kept it tidy, and i didn't know why. you said it was because it would always get messy again anyway, but then when it came to getting ready to meet kaeya, or albedo, or even childe from liyue, you'd take hours on your hair.

hmm... whats all the preparing for anyway, i think you're beautiful the way you are without all that prep in your hair... it makes me jealous..

i rubbed your cheek slightly, leaning down to kiss your forehead. you had your daily commissions to do, and you needed to wake up. you hated the early mornings, and you hated having to wake up. well too bad, you need to.

i kissed your eyes, and you stirred in your sleep, trying to push me away with those weak arms of yours. i grabbed onto your wrists and kissed your hands, you sniffled and fluttered your eyes opened. i knew it was blurry for you, so i came closer, bringing my lips down to yours like you always seemed to beg for.