,, - am i important to you? ; aether

____________________

" what am i to you? am i a joke, your knight or your husband? "

" what am i to you?
am i a joke, your knight
or your husband? "

_________________________

i added music for
this entire story,
so if you want to
feel soft, listen to
it wuw~

and its a male reader

_______________________

..

,, - ♧

..

"alright aether, listen," you inhaled as you clasped your hands together, eyeing him with your soft gentle eyes as he stared back, his soft blonde locks covering his eyes slightly. "im not saying that you're not good in fighting but..."

"but what?" he glared at you, his golden eyes gleamed under the dim lights in the room. your stomach tightened as he looked away from you, leaving you to stare at the back of his head.

you took a sharp breath, and then mumbled. "but.. thats exactly what i'm saying."

aether glared at you one final time before once again turning his head from you to look out the window of the cathedral. you sighed as you placed the cup of water on the table as you were about to hand it to him.

before today, just before he got into a huge accident out in whispering woods, you and your husband aether had a huge fight, and you were just trying to lighten the mood by joking around, but it seemed like aether was still angry.

you sat quietly as you tried to think of ways to make him happy again. aether was your husband; no, actually, your soulmate. you loved him so much sometimes that whenever you yelled at him for something, it would burn your throat as if you had just drank ten bottles of red wine. whenever he cried, it felt like daggers piercing the back of your body.

he was your loving husband; and you couldn't lose that. you loved him so much, and ever since he got hurt and couldn't leave the cathedral because barbara and jean had ordered him to rest, you had been coming in and out just to see him and talk to him even if he didn't want to.

you weren't about to cry in front of him, because he had never seen you cry. you didn't want to appear weak in front of him, but at the same time, your heart hurted so much that he hadn't been speaking to you for so long that you felt like crying. he was so close to you, yet his cold gaze on you left you shivering alone with no warmth.

"aether," you began, ducking your head down so you could hide away your tears in the darkness; where the light never shone on. you were so used to being casted into the darkness back in sumeru that you had grown accustomed to it. "do you hate me?"