,, - only ever different in your eyes - scaramouche

_______________________________

..

" you were the only one who
saw me for who i truly was,
so i thank you... i thank you
so much... thank you so much. "

..

_______________________________________

..

..

,, - ♧

[ modern au ;;; ]

..

"scaramouche...?" you called out. the young boy looked up from his seat and gave you an eye roll before turning away. you sighed as you sat on the chairs next to him outside the principal's office; he got in trouble again, but this time, it was for something worse than normal, and you knew he was to be expelled soon.

his parents were in the office, but judging by the yelling, you could immediately tell that he didn't really have the best set of parents; unsocial and irrational people they were, you couldn't help but feel bad for your best friend. he grumbled and folded his arms. "what do you want y/n? here to laugh at me too?"

"you know i'd never do that." you said softly, trying to hold his hand, but he moved it out of your reach quickly before you could even grab it. he shifted a little to face away from you, not wanting you to see the weakness plastered all over his face.

"scaramouche..." you called out, placing your hands on your lap while you watched in silence as his shoulders shook. you could tell he was crying; the young boy who was so filled to the brim with passion for things.

nobody understood him at all; none. sometimes you didn't either, but that was just the issue. nobody wanted to understand him, they saw what he did; and what he said, but nobody ever went into his heart. nobody ever guided him to the right paths, but you were there when he had nobody to cry to. you were there when he was bullied. you went to him for group projects when everyone refused him.

"scaramouche please," you pleaded softly, going forward to hug him. you wrapped your arms around his cold back, and felt lonely. you could feel how cold his past was just by lying your head on his back. you could hear the beating heart of a timid young boy from his back.

scaramouche stopped with the tough act and just started to let his outer shell crack and fall. the pain was now displayed all over his face and body. he brought his bandaged arms and hands up to his face as he cried into them. you hugged him tighter, arms around his waist completely. you were crying too, the heavy feeling of guilt washed over you even though you had never bullied him.