,, - the dead tell no tales ; chongyun

_______________________________

..

" there is beauty in ice,
but also darkness "

..

___________________________________

i'm sorry, there's a little angst here
ahem, but can you trust my "little"?

soundtrack: goodbye alice

___________________________________

..

..

,, - ♤

[ your pov ]

..

the ice beneath my feet gives way, and i can feel myself drowning deeper into the dark embrace of the cold waters. the icicles cut along my cheek and arms as i drown further, unable to swim upwards. the hole above my line of sight allows the sunlight in, and all i can see are the blurry silhouettes of people staring down at me.

the chains around my ankles seem to pull me down even more. banishment, was that they called it. not that i minded, it wasn't as if i couldn't breathe underwater. then again, what was the point of this? were the snezhnayan people that cold-hearted?

the faces are blurry, and i cannot bear to stare up towards the light that shines through the broken ice. the cold embrace of the freezing water engulfs me, taking me down to the bottom where my bare feet meets the sand. the soft sand welcomes me, and i sink my feet into them as the big metal cubes attached to the chains along my ankles fall beside me.

the seaweed dances around wiggly as i slowly lie myself down on the soft sand. although i can breathe under water, my body will not tolerate the cold from the waters, and most likely, i will die here.