,, - the spirit in the haunted library ; xingqiu

✎ . . . fluff
❛ royalty au
❛ gender fluid

❏ ╭─────────╯ .┊‣ ♡

❏ ╭─────────╯ .┊‣ ♡

.. ˓ ✿

' 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

.. ˓ ✿

❏ ╭─────────╯

❏ ╭─────────╯ .┊‣

.
.
.

you got tired of the victorian dresses as well as the silk suits and ties that the visitors were wearing in the ballroom. the dances had gone on for long enough, and you had to politely decline ever invitation to dance. the robes that you had on were quite tight, making sure to slim you down to the bone, trying to make you look as presentable as can be. you really disliked the amount of alcohol and cakes and chiffon that went around the entire ballroom.

you had snuck out from the hustling and bustling of people and darted towards the gardens at first. ah hedges and bushes, what else was new? you knew the royal guards were already bound to be searching for you now, and you felt so excited crossing through and running around the biggest palace you could home.

while they chased you around for lord knows how long, you were hiding in between cracks in the wall and jumping out of the windows to land on the palace roofs. you knew your own home better than your parents did, and it gave you a sense of belonging. you climbed the roofs and ledges, not caring if you had torn your most expensive tunic of silk; or that you had scaled some of your bows and ribbons.

it didn't matter to you, you weren't planning on returning to the ball that night anyway. the moonlight provided you the light to climb, and you pushed opened one of the heavy windows that were boarded up on the topest floor of your home.