,, - beautiful on the inside ; dainsleif [ modern au ]

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

『••✎••』

" beauty on the outside
does not matter if you
are ugly on the inside. "

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

..

『••✎••』

..

"hey how about you read me a story." you asked your husband as you stepped into the bedroom with the biggest pillow ever. the pillow had to be around twice your size, but you loved how fluffy it was. your husband looked up at you from the bed and gave you a very bored look.

"how about no?" he responded and ducked his head down towards his book again. you huffed and hugged the pillow tighter, unhappy that he didn't want to read you a story since he read one to the kids not too long ago.

"thats not fair dear, you read stories to the kids earlier..."

"do you want to hear the story of three little pigs?" he asked boredly, flipping the pages of his book. you giggled cutely and threw the pillow towards the bed before you yourself jumped onto it. the pillow sank under you fluffily as you buried your face into it.

you picked your head up to stare at him, resting your chin on your hands while your elbows stabbed the pillow.

dainsleif, your husband. it felt almost unreal. it felt like only yesterday that you were lab partners in school, and it seemed so weird that you two were married. back then, it never even occurred to you two that you two would end up together.

huh, guess fate threw you two together.

he looked up at you and looked away a little, embarrassed that you were staring for too long. he didn't really like people staring, and even though you were his wife, he felt very self-consceince whenever you stared for too long. he always thought of the worst; maybe you finally saw how ugly he looked? maybe you.. maybe you just figured out that you could do better? maybe-

"dain." you called out all of a sudden. his eyes snapped back onto you, and you could see the soft worry in his bright blue eyes. you smiled warmly and crawled over to his side to wrap your arms around his waist. you leaned your head against his shoulder and smiled. "that night wasn't your fault."

"what are you talking about?" he asked, trying to sound as normal as possible, but there was no hiding the fact that he was still hurting.

"don't be like that, i know you're thinking of me leaving you again," you said. "you were so worried to ask me to marry you too."