,, - beyond the finish line ; childe [part i]

___________________________

..

" you will never beat me. "

..

__________________________________

modern au

oh yes, the modern au is back
ladies and gentlemen and raz.

_________________________________

..

..

,, -

you were competitive as hell.

you and childe were in the same sports academy, and while he excelled in taekwondo and basketball; you succeeded in vertical dancing and archery. there was however and unfortunately, one thing you both were good at, and you constantly wanted to get better at him at.

track racing.

your coaches were always putting you and childe together to train not because you both were only good, but because you both would go for each others necks to win over the other. you would even go so far as to try and trip him over so you could win him, and he would yank on your braids so you'd fall backwards.

those never worked though, as you both would always come together. tie. it was always a tie. there wasn't anything else you could win against him apart from this; and he couldn't shoot for crap, so archery competition was out of the contest.

long story short, you just hated him.

xingqiu came over to sit next to you while you stretched your legs and arms to prepare for your training. there was going to be a competition tomorrow, you and childe vs another school of sports. you were ready, and you just needed some extra practice. as long as you had confidence, nothing could drop you down.

"hello y/n, how's prep?" he asked, leaning his head over to you as his short blue hair fell onto his face. you giggled at how cute his hairstyle always was, and you always wanted to ruffle it, but he'd slap your hand away before you even could.

"better than your chinese ribbon dancing prep, haven't you been losing your touch these days?" you pointed out bluntly. xingqiu was apart of the traditional chinese ribbon dances, and he used to be very good in it, but these days, he had been hanging around that light blue haired boy too much and lost his focus.