Ch. 25: Swim suits

Christmas came and went, and except for meeting Gabby and opening the letter, I had a good time with my family. Funny enough, reading Michael's words and pouring my anger out on Gabby felt strangely good. So when I finally met Benjamin again, I felt relieved as if it was him and I that had been arguing and became friends again. The air felt clearer in a way.

Kind of...

"I've missed you, Mousie," he whispered into my neck while hugging me tight. Then he squeezed the air out of me when he lifted me up and swung me in a circle around him.

"Urgh! I've missed you too," I groaned. "Even though you keep forgetting how strong you are. I need oxygen!"

Then I laughed when he spread kisses all over my face before he ended his amorous attack with a smooch right on my lips.

"Did you have a good holiday?"

"That I did. And you?"

"Except from texting you until my thumb hurt and being heartbroken that you weren't here, I had a good time, too. Thanks for the gift, by the way," he smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. "We gotta test that apron when we're alone some time."

Then he gave me an even naughtier look.

"And yes, I'm talking about only the apron."

The thought of Benjamin naked with an apron that said 'Dinner is served', with an arrow that pointed down south, made me gulp in embarrassment. I didn't really think that far when I bought it. It was only meant as a harmless joke.

"Did you like yours?"

"Of course. But really, Benjamin. A necklace was way too much."

"Pff. If I want to spoil my Mousie, then I spoil my Mousie."

He hugged me again and took a deep breath through his nose.

"You smell so good," he murmured. But I pulled away a little bit to show him something. And when I opened the collar of my winter coat, his eyes beamed brighter than the sun itself.

"You're wearing it? Let me see."

"Of course I am. I never took it off. I've worn it since Christmas morning."

Benjamin got a dreamy look on his face while he studied the white gold chain around my neck. The little pendant shaped like a mouse was just perfect.

"I've never been jealous of a necklace before," he murmured.

"Jealous?"

I was confused. But he only smirked.

"One day it'll be my turn."

"Your turn?"

"You know, Mousie? Sometimes you're quite slow."

I gave him a sour look, and he kissed me to make me smile again. Then I felt him smirk against my cheek.

"I wanna dig my face into your cleavage right where that lucky necklace is now," he growled lowly directly into my ear, and sent a shiver through my body that made me moan. Then I blushed at my obvious reaction. Yes, he had that effect on me, and he loved it.

"Hey. I'm a man, and you are way too beautiful for your own good."

My cheeks were burning and I couldn't wipe a silly grin off my face. He sure knew how to make the girls feel like the center of the world. I was literally close to swooning at his feet.

"So, are you ready for our movie date?"

"Yes!" I beamed, and leaned against his chest when he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. But since that was a bit uncomfortable when we started walking, we ended up holding hands instead, and warm, firm fingers laced with mine like a wonderful zip lock.