Ch. 82: Two Cosmo and a Fluffy Duck

Michael didn't join me at the graduation party for obvious reasons. Let's face it. People would go completely ballistic and award him with both the 'Prom Queen' and 'Prom King' titles at once, even though it wasn't prom. And they'd surely make up a whole bunch of other titles as well, and make him feel embarrassed and awkward all night. And if that wasn't enough, they would probably even force him to teach them how to moonwalk. Then again, if he kept his disguise on... Me hanging out with a rather handsy 'eighty' year old when everybody else is twenty-three or twenty-four would most likely be frowned upon. Therefore, he stayed at the hotel while he waited for me to come back.

"Ahh! I missed you, babe. I was beginning to wonder if you went to stay at your aunt's place instead."

Michael opened his arms and hugged me tight as soon as I entered his grand suite.

"As if there is anywhere else I'd rather be than with you?" I retorted with a pout. "If it wasn't for you forcing me to go to that stupid party, I would be here all night, and I..."

"Are you drunk?" he chuckled and studied me over the bridge of his nose, and it seemed clear that he'd already drawn his conclusions.

"No, I'm not," I snorted and rolled my eyes. I'd never admit to him how much I'd drank or why. That would be my little secret.

"Okay, maybe I am a little tipsy, but that's all."

Michael kept giggling and pushed a few strands of my hair away from my face. It was first then I realized that I hadn't given my hair one single thought the last couple of hours. Me, the person who usually was a neat-freak when it comes to that topic. Okay, maybe I was drunker than I thought. But I had my reasons.

"Oh, my God. I probably look like a plane crash," I mumbled and tried to find the nearest mirror.

"Mia," he protested, when I snuck past him. "Babe, you look fine. Now tell me, did you have a good time?"

I let out a relieved breath when I saw that I actually didn't look half bad.

"Yes, I did."

"And...?" he pushed and made a hand gesture.

"You know... Probably the usual at parties like that. I don't know, because I've never been to one before. But people were drunk, loud and obnoxious, just as expected. And two girls made it their mission to get into JB's pants."

"What?" Michael exclaimed, laughing.

"Oh! And Frida made out with Rowan."

"No, no! Rewind, please. Let me hear about the two girls and JB, so I can tease him about it for the rest of his time working for me."

I squinted at him.

"You make it sound like he's gonna quit."

"Oh. No, he isn't, but he has mentioned going back to working for his dad. He's actually a building constructor, and his father has his own company."

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, but never mind that. What happened with the two girls?"

"Two girls and a guy, actually."

I smirked and Michael laughed out loud.

"A guy?"

"Yup. It turns out that Yak, Rowan's Asian friend, is gay, which totally makes sense because I've never seen him cast even a brief glance at anything with boobs. But you should have seen how his eyes bulged when he saw me walking in with JB! The boy went totally stupid. And stupid with big letters, too."