Ch. 71: Special edition

I felt like a baby. Like a giant, whining child that had skinned her knee and needed to be picked up from daycare by her parents. I knew the situation was more serious than that of course, but that's how I felt when I was standing at the airport and watched Michael's jet stop at the expected gate, waiting for little, old me to board. Being picked up in a giant jet was completely insane if you asked me, but that's just how things were.

Not that I complained even the slightest. After the thing with Veronica and now this unknown man, the idea of public transportation and being in crowded areas felt even more terrifying than before. Not even my two monstrous bodyguards made me feel safe. Just small and uncomfortable. No matter how discreet we tried to be, they caused people to stare a little extra. And I hated staring! I always did. But even more so now, because it felt like I was stuck in a constant state of pre-anxiety attack. The heart pounding, the cold sweat, the superficial breathing, the paranoia... So naturally, I was incredibly relieved to be with Michael again and get away from it all. At least then he got all the attention, while I could sneak off and be invisible somewhere in the background.

"Are you okay?" he asked when I finally was in the safety of his jet, and could bury my face into his neck with his arms tightly wrapped around me.

"Yeah," I answered with a sad sigh. "I just feel so stupid for causing all this drama."

"Stupid? Babe, none of this would have happened if it wasn't for me, so if anything, I owe you an apology."

I pulled back to give him a 'don't be ridiculous'-look.

"It's not your fault the planet consists of an embarrassing amount of crazy people."

He chuckled while he tucked my hair behind my ears so he could see me better, and his smile grew wider when he cupped my cheeks and gave me a little peck on my nose.

"True, but still."

His eyes suddenly shifted into sparkling mischief, and he swiftly moved his hands from my face and around my waist. I didn't even notice what he did until he squeezed both my butt cheeks at once and rolled his hips against mine, which caused my body to respond like I was struck by lightning. I think I even moaned.

"Are you ready to become a member of the Mile High Club?" he murmured, and I gasped in shock. I immediately started looking around us, and found that both the stewardess and JB obviously heard us. Both of them glanced knowingly at each other, and I felt mortified to what they were thinking.

"Michael! Shh!" I hissed silently, wide-eyed and beet red.

"Y-you didn't hear that by any chance, did you?" I stuttered, and I swear I'd never struggled harder to smile naturally. It didn't help that both of them blinked their eyes innocently and shook their heads, while Michael cackled loudly and pushed me further into the plane. I was embarrassed beyond belief.

"We're not gonna do...! Uhm... What he said. Michael! Why would you say such a thing?" I whined and slapped his arm. But I let him guide me to where our seats were, without any further protests.

"To distract you," he giggled. "And it worked pretty well, don't you think?"

The mischief in his eyes was still there, and I worried that he might do something more to embarrass me. He didn't, though. Instead he started feeding me chocolate and raspberry candy, and murmured silently to himself each time I hummed my appreciation or sucked the candy between my lips. But when he started to pull his hand away each time I opened my mouth, I declared war. And I'm pretty sure if Stevie Wonder was there, he'd congratulate us when we landed. But for those who could see, they knew that we were fully clothed and that the moaning, groaning and growling came from the ultimate fight between life and death. For the candy, of course. And for Michael's private parts. I apologized profusely each time I either elbowed or kneed his groin, but it was his fault, dammit!