Ch. 73: Carried away

"Why? Just... Argh!"

I paced around in Michael's bedroom before I fell down on his bed with a groan. I rubbed my face and mumbled something incoherently about men and their dicks, as if he was the only one to blame. Of course it wasn't. But what was wrong with me? Up until recently I lived my life perfectly well without having sex at all, and now I acted like I was an addict that flipped when I didn't get off when I wanted to. And great god, how badly I wanted to! The way that stupid man managed to reel me up was beyond my understanding, and when that annoyingly hot girl came in and ruined it all, I'd simply had enough.

"Why do they have to be so beautiful?" I grumbled, and wished his employees were old hags with frizzy, grey hair, sagging boobs and crumbs between their teeth. Nose hair would be a solid bonus. Everything as repellent as possible so I didn't have to feel so insecure all the time. Why was he even with me when he could have women like them twirled around his pinky finger? I bet they would do everything for him without even the smallest hesitation. And here I was causing all kinds of drama and acting like an immature teenager.

"Oh, fuck it all."

Then I heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, and I quickly slipped under the covers with my back towards the door. There was a knock and silent shuffling of feet against the carpet.

"Babe? Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know she was still here. I forgot that I told her to work later than usual to take care of some stuff that I plan to use on my next tour."

I pretended to sleep. Then I felt the weight shift on the mattress when he sat down next to me.

"Babe? I know you're not asleep. Can you please look at me?" he begged and tucked a strand of hair away from my face.

"I'm trying to wake up with a better mood," I muttered.

"And if I told you that I brought your favorite ice-cream?"

I heard him open the lid and opened my left eye to watch him scope some into a tiny ball on a spoon. Then he took a bite and hummed to himself.

"It's actually really good," he smirked. Dammit. He knew what he was doing. And when he took another mouthful, I sat up and scowled at him.

"Finally," he chuckled.

"Can I get some?"

I hated to beg and bit my lip, causing my pouting to look weird.

"That depends. Do you accept my apology?"

"Of course. But why do they have to look so gorgeous?"

"Who?"

"All the people working for you?"

He chuckled again and smiled at me when he gave me the spoon and the whole box of ice-cream. I really didn't deserve it, but right then I didn't care. I was hungry. One chicken wing wasn't enough.

"Are you jealous?"

"No," I protested, but even I heard that I wasn't very convincing.

"Yes, you are. My adorable girlfriend is jealous of some ordinary looking women, who are nothing but professional acquaintances doing their job."