Ch. 10: Perv

"Are you ready?"

"Yup."

"Okay. Let's press play together. Three - two - ..."

"Wait! Do we press on 'one' or 'go'?"

I heard Michael giggle into the phone.

"I don't know. You choose."

"Okay. Let's go for 'one'."

"So 'go', then?" he laughed just to confuse me.

"No! One, you schmuck."

I slapped my palm over my mouth. How could I say something like that to a man like him?

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, but he just kept giggling adorably.

"Don't be. I'm gonna punish you when we meet anyway."

"Whaa...?"

His laughter bellowed into my ear, and I felt this intense urge to laugh with him. I was just too busy blushing to do so. And I was thoroughly convinced that I reddened more than if he'd said it through a text. Way more.

"Not in a bad way, of course."

"I'm bad, I'm bad! Shamone!" I immediately blurted out, mostly to distract him, and it worked because I heard him groan.

"Funny... Let's start the movie now, okay?"

"Okay. On 'one'."

"Three - two - one!"

The typical Disney jingle was heard like an echo through the phone, followed by the calming voice of the man who took us into the magical world with Peter Pan and the Darling family.

"I love this," I heard Michael say, with his mouth full of popcorn. Ha! His smacking was louder than mine. Wait until I tell Gabby that. Or... Until I tell Gabby about Michael, period. She was either going to laugh like a maniac or faint. Maybe even both.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Michael ask out of the blue, and it seemed like he was just as lost in thoughts as me.

"About how crazy this is."

We giggled a bit.

"Yeah..." he dragged, and I could tell he didn't quite agree. And of course, to him I was just a random girl, while to me he was my biggest idol suddenly being my friend. Best friend.

"Hey, Michael?"

"Mhm?"

"What did you plan for our date? You know, before it got ruined."

"Well, I didn't know what you liked, so I asked the chef to make us a little out of everything. You know, just so you could taste whatever you found tempting. And since I asked you to wear red and I was wearing a red shirt, I had a large bouquet of red roses."

"Long stemmed?"

"Of course."

"Oh, my God. That's so romantic."

"You said you wanted to have a date that was as normal as possible, which also meant in public. But since that's not easy to manage for someone like me, I rented 'Odeon', the little movie theater not far from the restaurant, so we could watch whichever movie you wanted, without being disturbed."

"You rented an entire movie theater?" I gasped. Then I realized how stupid my question was. That was kind of how his life was.

"I did. And I hoped that you dared to join me after you'd realized who I was and why I was doing so, even though you said that you refused to be alone with me on our first date."