Ch. 12: Light years or more

"It's nothing!"

I dived towards the black and white package like a goalkeeper trying to save the football from hitting the net, probably looking like a crazy person while doing so. But honestly, I didn't care. The embarrassment was completely absurd anyway.

"They're Gabby's! Not mine. I've never needed anything like that."

Light chuckling was heard behind me, but I refused to look at him while I clutched my most dreaded shame to my chest. Out of all times, this had to happen now?

"It's good to be on the safe side, though. You never know when you're gonna need them," Michael said.

He came closer and it felt like my blood turned into electric liquid, that pulsated through my body in a way that made me hold my breath. Just to be this close to him was almost more than I could handle. Obviously because of who he was. Just like last time, a part of me was freaking out. But the other part didn't really know how to react, because now he was so much more than just Michael Jackson; the famous person. In only a couple of months he'd become one of my closest friends, and we knew more about each other than what either of us could express.

"Where's my hug?" he smiled, and tried to ease on the tension between us. It wasn't unpleasant in any kind of way. Not at all. It was just unbelievably intense and so full of anticipation that when I finally felt his arms around me, I felt like I'd found my new home. I could breathe again, and I was immediately addicted to his smell.

"I think I remember now. Vaguely," he murmured into my neck, and I shivered from his breath against my skin. I snuggled closer.

"Good," I whispered and giggled lightly. Nothing was awkward anymore. Not until Michael started chuckling again and lured something forgotten out of my grasp.

"Pleasure Black Edition, huh? The right size, even. Have you been spying on me?"

I pulled back abruptly, instantly feeling like I robbed myself from his aura.

"Most definitely not! I didn't even know about them until Gabby threw them in my face right before you came in."

Michael was silent for just a moment too long, and his eyes were dark and gorgeous when he spoke up again.

"I didn't cum. Yet."

"Great God," I groaned, barely able to keep myself together, and I think he noticed because he grabbed my hand to make sure to keep me close. Then we just looked at each other, once again forgetting about the package held between his fingers.

"Am I bad for wanting to kiss you?" he asked eventually, and I shook my head slowly. There was nothing more I wanted than to feel his lips against mine for the very first time. And this magnetic pull between us kept getting stronger by the second.

He dropped the condoms on the floor and knitted our hands together, weaving our fingers into a delicate, tight web. Then he stepped forward and looked at me like he was unable to focus on anything else. And after a moment of hesitation, we cast our boundaries aside, closed the gap, and leaned in at the same time. But just as our hungry lips prepared to connect, we heard someone clearing their throat next to us.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Gabby's amused voice broke us apart, and I stumbled backwards, almost tripping in my own feet.

"Unless you've planned to let me join, I'd prefer if you waited until I got properly dressed and out of the room before you guys start whatever you have in mind."

"Christ," I grumbled, flustered and with burning cheeks. And since all the blood in my body suddenly decided to gather in my face, my brain became too paralyzed from the lack of it, to form any words at all. Therefore, Michael was the first to speak.