Ch. 75: Dangers

"A MONSTER! THERE'S A MONSTER OUTSIDE!"

Michael turned around and looked in the direction I feverishly pointed, but of course it was gone by then.

"Mia..." he started, obviously trying to calm me down and tell me there was nothing to worry about, but I kept screaming bloody murder and pulled at his arm. He didn't take me seriously until we both heard a loud crash outside.

"SEE?! NOW DO YOU BELIEVE ME?" I yelled.

"I do! Calm down. There's probably a logic explanation. There hasn't been any alarms or calls from the security, so there's nothing to worry about."

He started walking towards the front door, but I tried to hold him back.

"You can't go out there! Please, Michael. It might be dangerous."

"But I need to find out what it is."

"No! It's gonna attack you and eat the both of us!"

He grabbed the handle and swung the door open, and I swear I almost peed myself in sheer terror.

"Michael, please. Don't leave me here!"

"Then come," he chuckled, and I wanted to slap him for not taking this seriously. "I think I know what's going on. And if I'm right, we should bring a bag of carrots."

"Carrots? Are you for real now? You really think what I saw was a giant bunny begging for..."

I didn't get any further, because Michael whistled to get whatever it was' attention.

"Louie! What are you doing here, silly boy? Did you manage to open the gate again?"

All my muscles were tense as violin strings as I tiptoed after Michael in slow motion.

"Do you know it?" I whispered, ready to grab whatever and defend myself.

"It? Mia, it's Louie! How could you not recognize him? You met him in the zoo, remember?"

Louie... Louie... Who the fuck was Louie? I wringed my panicked brain for answers, but came up just as clueless. Until the creature stepped out of the shadows.

"Argh, for fuck's sake!" I exclaimed in relief. I was still afraid to walk closer, but at least I knew that the only threat I could expect was a solid squirt of spit in my face. Yes. It was Michael's llama. Of course it was.

"This is the second time he's ruined that damn table," Michael grumbled and looked at the shards on the ground. Then he pulled the animal away to make sure he didn't step on the glass and hurt himself. But he didn't stop there. He led the damn llama all the way into his kitchen!

"You want a little night snack again?" he cooed as they walked, and I was left standing on the porch like a giant question mark.

"Y-you're bringing your llama into your house?" I asked nobody, because Michael was already in deep conversation with Louie about whether to choose apples or carrots. He ended up getting both.

"Just to make it clear..." I started, and finally followed them into the house. "...I'm not cleaning up after him if he poops on the floor."