Ch. 61: A pink ballerina tutu

So... We went to a club.

After an entire day of constant pleading and persuasion, I gave in. DeeVana just wouldn't take no for an answer. It didn't help that even my parents, my dad mostly, told me to test my social limits down at 'Frisky'. It was a club not far from our house, so I could leave and walk home whenever I felt I'd had enough, which meant no sleazy cab drivers in smelly cars. Thank God for that. In addition, DeeVana promised not to leave my side. Not even to go to the bathroom, but I don't think either of us fully believed her. What made my parents consider it a safe plan, was that my dad knew the owner, Kurt. He was one of his best friends actually, and promised to look after me the whole time. And even though the thought of having a fucking babysitter pissed me off, I agreed. DeeVana was too much of a party animal to rely on anyway.

"Yes, mom. For the thousand time; we won't drink and we'll go to Kurt whenever someone is bothering us."

DeeVana pursed her lips and rolled her eyes behind mom's back, giving me a look that gave me the impression that she was close to dying. But I knew better. The second we rounded the corner of the street, her button up became a severely buttoned down one, revealing the impressive cleavage she got thanks to her intensely pink pushup bra. And her lipstick would mysteriously change into the same color.

DeeVana was ready to rule the city. Me? Can't say I shared that goal. It didn't help that I felt slightly paranoid about Veronica, even though the chances that she was here in Idaho were slim to none. Besides, even if she was in Idaho, there would be 1,7 million people to search through to find me. I would be safe.

There was another thing that bothered me as well, and that was to meet Gabby. That was actually one of the main reasons why I didn't want to go out in the first place. But DeeVana told me she was out of town with her parents and wouldn't be back until after Easter. I chose to trust her on that. Time would show if I was wrong.

"Let's have some drinks!" DeeVana yelled over the music, as soon as we entered the club. She didn't even wait for an answer, and pulled me after her towards the bar.

"But you're not even old enough to drink!" I yelled back and tried to shake myself out of her grip, but she only tightened it.

"So? You are! Besides, I know Jay. He's Kurt's son," she smirked and nodded toward a very handsome and muscular man behind the bar. He was busy mixing drinks to a couple of giggling, blushing girls that were under aged for sure. But when he spotted DeeVana, he gave her the most charming smile I'd seen in a few days.

Since last time I saw Michael.

I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the uncomfortable knot in my stomach. Maybe I could use a drink to manage to relax? I wanted so badly to get over this. The need to escape the imaginary monster that was lurking somewhere behind all the oblivious people around me. They were oblivious, not because of the monster that only existed in my head, but because of me. Most of them didn't even notice I was there, hyperventilating, shaking and sweating, wanting to flee down the street like a headless chicken, yet I couldn't because I saw everything as a potential death threat.

Yep. I desperately needed a drink.

"And what may I offer these two lovely ladies," the bartender asked, smirking towards DeeVana. There was no doubt that he was pretty smitten by my sister. And the way she changed into a giggling, blushing school girl just like the others, told me that she was head over heels for him too. Oh, well. At least I knew where to find her while we were here.