64

Dream woke up and yawned lazily, stretching as he stood. His head hung low as he looked around.

" Where am I? " He muttered, pawing at the door. He was quick to realize it was a bathroom, but that didn't change much.

He pawed at the door again, starting to feel claustrophobic.

He glanced in the mirror and saw his side was rewrapped in neon green bandages. Figures.

He sat down and thud his head against the door, staring at the ground. He sighed, growing anxious. Suddenly the door opened and he gave a surprised squeak, falling over at Skeppy's feet. He looked up with eyes the size of saucers, continuing to lay there, not bothered enough to stand up.

Skeppy chuckled and bent over, petting Dream's head and picking him up.

" Hey there cutie. " Skeppy cooed at him like he was a baby. Dream didn't know how to feel. Taken aback? Offended? Defensive? It's not like the brunette knew it was him. Dream let his pink tongue stick out, something in the back of his head telling him to do so.

Skeppy's eyes lit up as he carried the small, white dog to the kitchen. He placed him down on the floor and began shuffling through cabinets. Dream watched curiously, his ears perking slightly as he tilted his head at the noise.

Skeppy placed a bowl filled with dog food in front of him and he squinted at it before looking back up at him.

Really? You think I'm gonna eat that?

He disdainfully sniffed it before turning his head, keeping his jaws clamped. No way, no how.

He watched Skeppy's smile fade slightly before it grew again. " Picky, huh? " He laughed. Dream simply snorted.

Skeppy started laughing as he opened up the fridge and grabbed something from it, placing it on top of the dog food.

Dream stared at the cold leftovers, feeling a little part of him sigh in defeat before he stole it off the top. He munched on it quickly before looking up at Skeppy with mischievous eyes, suddenly sticking out a leg and knocking over the bowl before prancing away. He heard Skeppy cry out in shock and annoyance.

" You're a dog! You should practically be vacuuming this stuff up! " He whined as he picked up each piece from the floor.

Dream stifled the urge to start laughing hysterically, feeling guilt creep up on him.

He tossed a guilty set of puppy eyes to Skeppy who pouted back at him. " Bad would know how to get you to stop being picky. Bad was always good with animals... Scratch that, Bad was good with everything. " Skeppy murmured wistfully.

Dream's eyes flicked towards the bright red hand prints smeared across the wall, frowning slightly. He still didn't quite understand how Skeppy knew Bad.

He quietly hopped onto the couch, burrowing himself into the cushions with a comfortable sigh.

" Nuh uh. We're going for a walk. " Skeppy said as he held out a leash. Suddenly Dream was starting to regret letting Skeppy take him home.

He scurried over the top of the couch, flopping harshly on the other side, he tumbled a few steps before bolting in a random direction and running right into a wall, he stumbled back and rubbed his nose with a paw before diving under the table. Skeppy watched with a flat expression.

" Well. Definitely not the most graceful creature. " He sighed.

Dream decided to take offense to that.

He watched as Skeppy approached and held out his arms to grab Dream. In a rush of panic, he wrapped his legs around one of the table legs. He clung to it like his life depended on it while Skeppy tried to gently pry him away from it.

" Let go of the table! I didn't even know dogs could do this! " Skeppy was laughing. Dream squished his face against the table leg, feeling Skeppy slip the collar around his neck.

Oh god. Oh Jesus. Please don't kill me. I can't afford to be double dead.

He panicked silently, his tail tucked.

" You are a strong dog. " Skeppy complained as he finally managed to tug him away from the table, crying out in triumph at his success.

NOOO!

Dream drooped, tired from fighting against the brunette.

He looked longingly back at the couch as he was dragged outside.

Dream stared at the outside world fearfully, even the trees loomed over him in a threatening manner.

Dream averted his gaze to the side walk, focusing on each little separation and the movement of his paws.

He was faintly aware of the stinging in his side which he couldn't but think should've healed by now.

He paused looking around at his surroundings. Blood stains littered the streets and almost looked like paint, there were fingerprints on the trees, footprints on the sidewalk. Everything seemed to be leading him somewhere.

He began frantically tugging the other way, alerting Skeppy, who seemed confused. " What are you freaking out over? I haven't seen another dog. " He hummed, Dream did his best to mimic a bark. It was good enough for Skeppy to shrug and walk the other way with a surprised look.

" That's the first time you've... made any sound really, around me. " He chirped as he followed Dream's lead. Dream tugged them back to the house and Skeppy frowned. " We just started walking, buddy. " He said.

Then his eyes widened. " I still haven't given you a name. A name would be helpful, huh? " He laughed.

" How about Cloudy, you're fluffy and white. I think it fits. " He hummed. " Or maybe Fog... Or floof! Wait no that's already taken. " He murmured. Dream perked up slightly in confusion, remembering Techno mentioning something about something named Floof.

He shook it off and walked hurriedly inside, hopping onto the couch and curling up. Skeppy chuckled and slipped the leash off, ruffling the misty fur on top of Dream's head.

" I really have to pick a name. " He said, thoughtfully. 

Hi y'all! Time to vote!

 Dog Dream's name should be: 

Floof 

Cloudy 

Fog

Anyhow. My mom started asking  me questions about the fic and I literally wanted to melt.

I don't think it has anything too bad in it, but still.

Also, hurray 2021! Hopefully it will be better than last year. 

I added Dog Dream up top just for the heck of it lmao.

Love y'all!!!

Moony <3