49

Hi there! Sorry for the delay in chapters. I really haven't been feeling to great and it's been on and off so I decided to take a mini break. I seem to be fine now, but then again, I've been saying the for the past couple of chapters lol. 

Dream woke up snuggled next to George. His tail flicked as he glanced down at his clawed fingertips.

He shifted nervously and looked over at George. He carefully moved his blanket over top of him and stood up. His gaze swept the clearing.

His eyes landed on the last food package, yet he wasn't hungry.

That was odd. He could've swore he'd been extremely hungry hours prior.

He shook his head, not thinking much of it as he ditched the clearing.

He quickly darted through the trees until he came across scarlet snow.

The gruesome sight before him was sickening. He quickly turned away. He'd seen some things, but that had to be one of the worst. He quickly walked past the corpses.

He paused outside of the familiar building. He considered knocking, but quickly brushed the urge away. He snuck into the house, his ears slowly turning to attempt to capture any distant sound.

He could hear Sapnap talking. Nothing else. Taking a deep breath, Dream walked over to the fridge and snatched up some food, not really caring if it was non-perishable or not. He then rummaged through the pantry, wincing when a wrapper made more than enough noise.

He quickly snatched stuff up and stuck as much of it as he could into his hoodie pocket before taking off out the backdoor.

He walked back through the forest. Dream shut his eyes as the bloodied snow came back into view, instead using his other senses to guide himself.

He opened an eye and gave a sigh of relief when he saw glistening, white snow in front of him. He quickly ran over and into the clearing.

He paused and quickly placed down the food he grabbed.

George sat up groggily and yawned, putting on his goggles.

" Dream? Where were you? " He asked quietly as he stretched.

" I went to find food. " Dream told him as he looked over the items.

" Some of these require cold, Dream. " George frowned, Eret woke up and quickly tossed the blanket back over his head with a groan.

" Then stick it in the snow. " Dream suggested, he dug up some of the snow and stuck the stack of ( packaged ) cheese into it before placing the snow back over top.

" Oh, that's smart. " George said while tilting his head slightly.

So Eret joined in and the boys duck up tiny graves for the cold food. They marked each spot with a leaf or marker of some sort and moved on.

George and Eret munched happily on some of the food he'd brought back and they talked in hushed tones.

Dream turned away and took off his mask. Very little of it remained intact. He frowned and slowly raised it up. He tilted his head, narrowing his emerald green eyes as he thought of ways to repair the utterly destroyed mask.

He lowered it and huffed. He glanced around the clearing before shrugging in defeat.

He looked up at George and Eret who were watching him curiously.

" I guess it's not exactly repairable, huh? " He said with a small laugh. Eret raised his eyebrows and George shook his head while giggling.

" You think? " Eret said. Dream wheezed.

" Yeah. " He coughed out between his laughter.

George stood up and wandered up to Dream, who looked up.

" Yes, George? " He hummed.

The Brit said nothing, instead slipping over in the snow, landing on Dream who wheezed from the impact and fell backwards in the snow, out of breath, his hoodie protecting him.

George began laughing. " I- I'm so- sorry! It was icy or something. " He managed to say, wrapping Dream up in a hug.

Dream shook his head, still slightly winded. " I-It's okay. " He said.

Eret was hunched over with laughter.

The group looked between each other and Dream sat up, resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

He put on the ruined mask and hummed to himself, carefully shaking off the show and wincing at the stiffness in his wings. He stretched them and sighed.

His tail flicked as Patches padded up to him. " Yes, cat? " He asked the feline as she stared up at him, boredom evident in her gaze.

He furrowed his eyebrows and shoved his hands in his hoodie pocket.

" What? " He asked her. She just continued glaring at him.

" What?? What did I do now? Huh? " Dream looked around, trying desperately to think of what he did to upset the cat.

He turned his attention back to the cat, who suddenly jumped at him. He gave a yelp of surprise as she clambered up his hoodie and onto his shoulder.

" Ow- Patches! Fuck! Your claws hurt! Knock it off! " Dream cried, trying to help the cat steady herself. George looked over at Dream and chuckled.

" Patches. Come here, baby. " George cooed to the calico. Patches was quick to accept the angel's offer and hop off Dream, making him wince.

" Damn. First you take my food, then my hoodies, then my home, then my friends, and now my man. You're cruel Patches. " Dream complained, rubbing his shoulder gingerly.

The cat meowed in response, snuggling up to George.

Eret seemed to be processing Dream's words.

" Wait- oh. Took you guys long enough. " He said bluntly.

Dream and George both looked up at the fallen angel, tilting their heads.

" You guys took way too long to get together. " Eret chuckled. " Now I don't have to watch Dream moon over you, George. " He added.

Dream blushed profusely and looked down. " Aww, that's cute. " George said, his gaze settling on the blonde. 

" Your such an idiot. " Dream mumbled. 

" But you love me anyways. " George retorted. 

Soo

Big plans for chapter 50 

credit to Salem Prince for helping me come up with ideas for 50. I think I have something. Hehe 

Anyhow, I'm doing a lot better than I was yesterday which is good. 

Also, today is my younger sister's birthday, so I animated something for her. 

 Love y'all!

Moony <3