11

ASJDBSA IM SORRY ABOUT HOW SHORT THIS IS

I just remembered I hadn't posted a chapter yet and just yeeted this out. I added a drawing for it too. 

Dream woke to a groan, Sapnap was hunched over a steaming cup of coffee. He stiffened when he felt George nuzzle himself closer before relaxing and smiling.

" Morning. " Dream hummed, not bothering to stand up. He got a grumble from Sapnap in response.

He ran a hand through George's chocolate-brown hair. Mystified by the halo hovering closely to his face. " I don't wanna wake up. You're too warmmm... " George groaned as he clutched Dream.

Dream huffed and hunched. " That's what happens when you're from hell. " He said with a shrug.

George gave a muffled inaudible response.

" George. I'm making pancakes. " George bolted upright way too fast.

" No- You can't cook for nothing! Let me do it. " He blurted and stood up.

Dream's ears perked as he lazily looked up. " Aww so you left me. " He frowned, despite being naturally stupid warm, he missed having the boy being curled up under his wing.

" Shut up. " George mumbled, pulling a wing over his face. He turned back to the pan and ingredients.

Sapnap had his arms crossed with stubborn frustration. " I can cook, you just never let me. "

" Yeah? Well I'm better anyways. " George retorted. Dream stifled a laugh, his tail flicking with amusement.

" No way! I'm totally so much better than you! " Sapnap protested.

The imp, having enough of the arguing, stood up and wandered out of the house. His ears were flopped lazily as he enjoyed the mild fall breeze. Dream's gaze landed on the auburn leaves that were shaken from the trees.

He was curious to why they fell so slowly, or how they drifted in the wind like they did. He'd never witnessed anything like it before.

He sat down in a patch of leaves, his smile growing ever so slightly as he watched ants crawl in front of him. He supposed he could enjoy things he didn't have at home while he was here. But would he ever go home? He was basically exiled anyways. His smile faded to a frown.

He probably wouldn't mind as much if he had his cat with him. He couldn't help but worry over her.

The breeze was trying to lift his flopped ear and he sat back in the leaves, jumping a little when they crunched.

" Dream? " Called a voice, his ears perked as he turned his head to look at the direction the sound had come from.

" I'm right here. " Dream hummed. George came up behind him before flopping down beside him.

" These tiny creatures are amusing. Ants I think? They're too small to be ants though..." He rambled quietly as he watched them trot back and forth with a leaf.

" Yeah, those are ants. They don't really get much bigger. " George turned to Dream, his halo glowing brightly.

" wait- but the ants I knew were hell-fire ants and they were the size of my hoove! " Dream said in surprise.

" Well, hell is really blown off proportion. I suppose they look like that for a scarier effect. " George chuckled softly.

Dream smiled. " I guess. "

George leaned against him, his head resting on the blondes shoulder.

" It's very nice out here. " Commented Dream.

" Fall here is nice because it doesn't snow, but it's not too hot. "

Dream nodded, wrapping his wing around George again.

" I wouldn't mind staying here. " George sighed softly.

" Yeah, but I want my cat back. "

" Patches is fine, Dream. "

" Doesn't mean I don't miss her. "

" Yeah but truthfully, she probably doesn't miss you. "

Dream shot George a glare, softening after a moment.

" Fair enough. Last I checked, a cat doesn't care who's around as long as there is food, and a place comfortable enough to sit and sleep. " He gave in. George smiled, a laugh bubbling up in him.

" There ya go! I told ya she's fine! "

" Yeah, you sure did. " 

" She's probably a great cat though. " 

" She sure is. " 

Hiya there! Critiques, tips, suggestions?

So uh, yeah. Sorry about how late this chapter was. I panicked lmao. 

Love y'all

Moony <3